Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Issues
I have a few electrical things that Ive noticed aren't right with my car.

Firstly the drivers door has 2 door open/close switches. One of them seems to do nothing....?

Also the seatbelt warning light never comes on? Apparently its meant to buzz as well but theres no sound.
VIN: 6511
Probably someone can reply to this better than me, but i think one switch is for the 'door ajar' and the other is for the interior light. The buzzer not working is a common one, I understand that it's a relay type thing that everyone pulls out! somewhere up behind the steering wheel under the binacle!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
my buzzer worked but it used to get on my nerves most american cars have all sorts of warning lights and sounds i mean a light that says the door is open come on and the seatbelt light as well TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Yeah i'm not too bothered about it, but just wanted to know why it wasn't working.

The door switch makes the interior lights come on and the door open switch on the dash, the other switch appears to do nothing at all. Maybe thats for the buzzer which isn't connected... :roll:
The second switch relates to the buzzer, which also controls the seatbelt light. It's a monumentally irritating sound and most people unplug it. It DOES NOT do the single most obvious thing you'd want from a buzzer.... tell you you've left your lights on.

Door ajar and interior lights both work off the same swith. Do not mix up the wires to the two switches otherwise all sorts of wierd (but harmless) things can happen - like door lights only working when the ignition is on.

The buzzer is located on the metal plate above the steering column. This also houses the intermittent wiper module and the flasher relay (If it hasn't been broken off).
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Thanks for that martin. That explains everything. I'll just leave it disconnected in that case.
According to the repair manual, the buzzer sounds as soon as the key is in the ignition..... Then stops when you start up. Maybe someone can clear this up. My seat belt warning light does not work either, and theres no mention of that in the manual......

:?:
well my door open light has stopped working after 3 years there a funny ole car TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
mmm, now ive studied it, i think the buzzer relay has been pulled out and discarded. It don't look like it can be disconnected any other way.
My buzzer still works, it buzzez for about 15 seconds then stops,dont matter if you start it or not, Big Grin hope this helps
DOC # 595
I'll look tomorrow and see if it's been swiped...... :?

Cheers Allen
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:I'll look tomorrow and see if it's been swiped...... :?

Nope, its still there on the metal mounting plate, just disconnected as the buzz got on my T**s Big Grin From memory I did tap into the earth of the buzzer for the remote bonnet release.
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Cheers Chris, I guess that will make the seat belt light work too! :wink:
Yes mines just unplugged too. I've now found the connector and jumpered the Black/Purple wire to the Yellow/Purple wire so the seat belt light works, just to keep it original just without the anoying buzz. Big Grin
Well the plug i'm assuming plugs onto the buzzer fits like a dick in a shirtsleeve. Its the same amount of connectors, but seems too loose, even when i bent the pins in a bit. The plate that the buzzer is attatched to was also "floating around" as apposed to being secured, but i'll live without it for a while. I might do what you suggest though Dan, and jumper them 2 wires just to make the seat belt light work.......