Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky still leaking!
Finally gat chance to replace my fuel pump cover boot thingy, but in doing so i had to disconect the fuel lines. So now got another leak where they connect to the metal lines. Thought i might get away with not replacing the olive that is pressed on to the metal lines but noooo.
Just looked in the manual and it says they're called fir trees(?) but dosen't mention a size or type.
I haven't taken them off yet, can they be MADE to fit or do they need changing. Any advice and where i can get them from would be great.
Thanks
Tom :?
tom
vin 7155
DOC372
Hi Tom. Check for sure where the fuel is coming from first. If it is coming out of the fuel lines just change them. Halfords do fuel injector pipe. £6 a pack. replace both they are only short pieces anyway. The olive doesn't need replacing as you just do up the jubilee clip tight. If not the lines then check the Banjo union on the top of the fuel pump. There is a copper washer underneath it so when you tighten it up it just stops when tight instead of coming to a gradual tighten. I had this with Elly and had to buy a rubber chain wrench to hold the fuel pump so you can grip it tight enough to get a spanner on it. Fir tree clips are the little things that hold your iner door panels to the door. They are little black plastic things about an inch long that look like well fir trees. You shouldn't have any anywhere near your fuel pump mate. Phone me if you need to know more.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor