Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recolouring the interior
Hi, What product do I need to recolour the binnacle and dash for a grey interior. It would be nice to finally repair the sun damaged areas in my D.

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
get some spray from pj,s or edd uding its about £20 a tin tho Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi I did mine & used acrylic bumper spray, it was the grey made by 'Loctite' & its bang on for the colour match. Got it from Motormania, about £7.00.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Were they just painted when new? I can imagine paint flaking and chipping easily on soft plastic.
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:Were they just painted when new? I can imagine paint flaking and chipping easily on soft plastic.

No...just dyed leather / vinyl. Its a good temporary measure 'painting'.. but long term i cant see it being as good.
Dave and I used to sell the stuff Ed does. It was originally made by a guy called Michael Bohmer in Holland, and it's specifically made for vinyl - and there're plenty of cars out there that used it from us and are still as good as new, it really is magic stuff. Two cans will do an entire interior and it's worth its weight in gold IMO.

Michael Bohmer won the concours in Belfast and I know he used it... Phil Peters top end car that recently sold, the Explodaview car etc... it's also perfect for making lots of new pieces actually match... never the same shade twice!

Not sure about acrylic paint though...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Thanks guys, I'll try one of those. Can't see the vinyl stuff on Ed Udings website ( whats it called?)

Regards
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
drop him an e mail TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor