Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
service parts
Hi all next week end i am getting our mechanic to take off the rocker covers to replace the gaskits that pj gradey kindley supplyed and when the mechanic has removed the covers i am going to polish them up with a buffing machine and if i can get any other parts off that are made from ally i will polish them up aswell .Has anyone done this if so is there any tips?????.also when the engine is in bits i thought i would get them to service it aswell so i just need to know what the part codes for everything you need to service a delorean can anyone help???

ps plus the best oil to use i think ive been useing 10w 40 i think

cheers all Tyson
Ayup Tyson, have a quick butchers here mate http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

BTW people, I use a 'Trade Motor Factors' (ie they supply motor factors) for getting bits for the Vauxhalls, and will check them out for DeLorean service items too when I get a chance.

Recent prices that we've paid:

New Radiator for Corsa 1.5D - £50.02 inc VAT
New (QH) Thermostat for Corsa 1.5D - £5.67 inc VAT
Set of Head Bolts for Corsa 1.5D £12.34 inc VAT (these were nearly £50 inc VAT Trade from Vauxhall!)

I'm getting some bits for my Cavalier TD this week from them, so will enquire about service items for the De when I'm in there.

Regards
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Tys,

Most of the consumables are readily available as cross reference parts - probably further down the index page of this forum, But if you need anything - we'd happily send you the parts.

I shouldn't think your engine would need much doing with it - as before we had the car, it'd had ~£8,000 worth of work done to it by the previous owner - and he'd only driven it a few miles before giving it over to us to sell.

If you are doing a full service on Hana,

Spark plugs
HT leads
Air filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Cover Gaskets (you have those)
Coolant change + antifreeze
Oil change
A/C Pully Bearings
Coil + lead (check - may be OK)

Just shout if you need any of these things!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Hi Darren i got all the service things come through yesterday once again thankyou very much great service.Anyone thinking of byeing a car off these guys you will not get a better service anywhere eles

cheers darren
speek to you soon
tyson
Claire Usher Wrote:Ayup Tyson, have a quick butchers here mate http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

BTW people, I use a 'Trade Motor Factors' (ie they supply motor factors) for getting bits for the Vauxhalls, and will check them out for DeLorean service items too when I get a chance.

Recent prices that we've paid:

New Radiator for Corsa 1.5D - £50.02 inc VAT
New (QH) Thermostat for Corsa 1.5D - £5.67 inc VAT
Set of Head Bolts for Corsa 1.5D £12.34 inc VAT (these were nearly £50 inc VAT Trade from Vauxhall!)

I'm getting some bits for my Cavalier TD this week from them, so will enquire about service items for the De when I'm in there.

Regards

Hi Claire,

For my Vauxhalls I use AutoVaux as they are based in Wakefield

http://www.autovaux.co.uk

I use them for cambelt kits/ servieable items/ oil etc.

NickT.
Hiya,

there's a link to Autovaux on the VODC website, but obviously for me,
the one round the corner in Derby is a bit more convenient :wink:

Autovaux are supposed to be pretty good tho from what I've heard Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie