Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Superchargers!?!?
Somone had told me about these Electric Superchargers you can get so I thought I'd hit eBay and have a look.

I'm sure on a very small capacity engine it would work, if you could control it, but the shear volume of air consumed by larger engines would surly overwhelm them.

Just thought it was quite interesting, would be very easy to fit, although it does make you car sound like a hair dryer, maybe it would have worked on my 1300cc spitfire.

I just thought it would make an interesting subject.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi Stud Smile

I've been chatting to a few people at car shows and 'chav meets' about these, and the general opinion is they are ok on things like Phill's Toyota Sera, but wont be much cop on something as big as the D's engine.

I'm still interested in supercharging Flopsy at some point, but with the way fuel prices are going the LPG conversion will be the main priority - no point in having a car I cant afford to drive! Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
You'd probably get more power our of that hairdryer ! Big Grin

NickT
NickT Wrote:You'd probably get more power our of that hairdryer ! Big Grin

NickT

An alternative to the hairdryer, which can be a pricy piece of equipment, one might install a hose pipe from the air filter to the driver’s window
Prior to a requirement for boost the driver will draw in a deep breath and exhale vigorously whilst flooring the pedal.

The acceleration would be quite literally breathtaking!
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:
NickT Wrote:You'd probably get more power our of that hairdryer ! Big Grin

NickT

An alternative to the hairdryer, which can be a pricy piece of equipment, one might install a hose pipe from the air filter to the driver’s window
Prior to a requirement for boost the driver will draw in a deep breath and exhale vigorously whilst flooring the pedal.

The acceleration would be quite literally breathtaking!

da-dum ching!

on a side note, just been reading some interesting discussions on the Alpine forum about turboing/supercharging and stuff.

Although, I still feel, if I wanted to play in a proper 'fast car', I'll just ask my boss if I can borrow his SL Roadster - much better then pushing a 26 year old car too far :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
NickT Wrote:You'd probably get more power out of that hairdryer ! Big Grin

NickT

whats one of those ??? Smile
bozzzydmc Wrote:
NickT Wrote:You'd probably get more power out of that hairdryer ! Big Grin

NickT

whats one of those ??? Smile

That small electrical goods device that blows hot air out to dry your chest hair ! Big Grin

NickT.
I got one of those fitting it next week if all goes well. But i think the hair dryer might work better.
VIN004278
VIN020014
VIN0020114

http://www.downsalvage.com/