Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
Looking good Allen, and i'm with Dan letting your tyres down!
Its a bloody conspiracy,, :lol:
like I said Dan,refit, not replace, Ill do that next winter,
Welcome back MrP.thought you had left the country,
looks like the first meet Ill need to bring a pump,, :?
DOC # 595
http://
DOC # 595
dont know what happend there :oops:
any way Today I was gonna finaly take the car for a spin, TOTALY DEAD, tried charging it,,nope, battery totaly us, so I went to the only place open here on a sunday,goods old mr Halford,,£100 Shock ,Im not paying that for a battery, so it will have to wait,,Ill get to actually drive this thing for pleasure,,,one day :x
So I fiddled instead, first job on list is change passenger window motor,
after having a proper look I noticed a rather lot of rust on the brackets, :roll:
[Image: DSC00799.jpg]
[Image: DSC00813.jpg]
[Image: DSC00814.jpg]
AND HEY PRESTO and about 4 hours later :?
[Image: DSC00805.jpg]
[Image: DSC00818.jpg]
did find some writing on the inside of the door
is the the makers signature??
[Image: DSC00802.jpg]
And just for moaning Dan heres the lovely front number plate
[Image: DSC00812.jpg]
YOU KNOW IT LOOKS GOOD REALLY :wink:

I did fit the motor ,what a pain that is..so thats done, Ill put the door panel back on tomorrow and get a battery,,maybe,,just maybe ,,
I just might , possibly, if Im lucky,,GO FOR A JOLLY :roll:
DOC # 595
The car looks good. It looks like you did a good job on those brackets Big Grin

Right what can I moan about... your front facia is eyebrowed Tongue
VIN: 6511
Good work on the door brackets!

There's a Coachbuilders near me in Birdham who employ's part time a retired guy by the name of Ray. He made the original doors for the factory. I'll ask him about the Graffiti. When I stripped my doors there were 3 different VIN numbers in marker pen under the headliner. Two crossed out then mine!

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dan1986 Wrote:The car looks good. It looks like you did a good job on those brackets Big Grin

It a frown, and Its directed at you :lol:

That would be interesting Darren, please let me know what he says Smile
DOC # 595
Dan1986 Wrote:The car looks good. It looks like you did a good job on those brackets Big Grin

There was never a car that left the factory with out the eyerowed on the front facia :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Hi Al,
Just been looking at the markings under 4825's headliner - the left door has the signiture 'M McC' and the right one has 'PEAR'
nice to see these mysterious writings from the past, Smile
BTW the date on your door 12.12.81 is on a October 81 car! - replacement door maybe??
When can you come up this way for a spin matey? before 6237 is left in west wales on its todd Sad
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi ya Stu,You might be right about the door, no paper work to tell, I think the name on mine is Jewel. looks like J Jewel. Well I got a battery today, much better price at £51,
better than "open your wallet and say after me HELP YOUR SELF" Halfords,
not fitted it yet, gonna do it this afternoon, if,,and I repeat IF the weather holds, it was snowing a bit here just 10 mins ago, Ill pop up tomorrow If you are free, Ill bell you before I leave :wink:
DOC # 595
Yep, Just hailed quite heavily up here, I wouldn't want you to drive it in that weather!! keep in touch, Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I think Im cursed Cry
took car for a spin, NO BLOODY INDICATORS :x

After checking the fuses ended up at the flasher unit.
[Image: DSC00821.jpg]
took it out and some dirty water came out of it :?
yep water......... :roll: and the unit was full of,,,mud :oops:
[Image: DSC00822.jpg]
the flasher unit is on a triangular bracket which is suspended under the dash with a cable tie, Im guessing this is not right...
Is it not supposed to go on the pedal box??
So anyway, Ive ordered a new unit. should be here tomorrow, cheap at £11..Thats a small blessing,
I did clean the old one up with lots of WD40 but all that happens is just emitts smoke,..might be handy if I ever want a minature smoke machine
:roll:
[Image: DSC00823.jpg]

Shuch a shame as it a beautifull day and would have been nice to see Stu,
Maybe,, just maybe, if Im lucky,just very lucky, Gifted, Blessed, with spirit guide,
Ill get to drive the thing for pleasure :?
DOC # 595
I would just drive without indicators :wink:
VIN: 6511
Stick your arm out the window!! Any way there's only about three or four left turns to make it to my place, from where you are Smile .
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Maybe you would Dan , but this is West Wales,
When your driving around here there is no "safety in numbers" because there are no numbers,
and when your driving the sort of car that sticks out like diamond in a pile of poo, :lol:
then you are asking for mr Plod ,or up here PC Evans, to take more than a fleeting glance at you,
plus when he runs a check and finds out the car is owned by an English man Ill be pulled over faster than you can get to your local Spar on your motor bike for the latest edition of Razzle :lol:
[Image: 40921080_16dbe26fdb.jpg]
DOC # 595