Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
I did my oil the other week and used 10-40 semi synthetic.

I recommend you change your gearbox oil also! I did mine and the old oil looked fine but its transformed my gearchange.

As for vids, my dad tried filming it today but he had the camera on night mode so its all bright and you cant see anything :roll: I did a little bit inside the car when I was driving along but I have'nt looked at that yet.
VIN: 6511
using a handheld device and driving Shock dont you know there are laws against that sort of wreckless behaviour :lol:
DOC # 595
Are there? I thought it was just mobile phones that were banned :wink: Just downloaded it and its you-tubing as I type Big Grin

Ill try and get a mate to film me driving up and down the road tomorrow if its still sunny.
There you go mate: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f2PRIsxDkpQ
Sounds smoother than oiled silk 8) whats the antenna in the offside window for?
and that bloody music..I think if I hear it once more on a Delorean video im gonna scream :lol:
DOC # 595
OMG this string has has over 11,000 views,and over 300 replies. almost as many views as Kelle in here nurses outfit,, :lol:
is this a new record or do i just talk to much :oops:

Dan when you gonna fix your speedo??
DOC # 595
Any female boobs gets that kind of a result Allen. It's the nature of being a woman, cos even when i was a 36DD a month ago, I didn't get as many views.....

If I let Kelly have her way, she'd be making a video with a differnt outfit on every night.... :evil:

LOL
The antenna is for the alarm system. I don't see why it needs to be on glass as its radio not infrared so I might move it into the relay compartment and see if that affects my remote locking range too much.

The speedo is going to be fixed when the angle drives are available :roll: The previous owner sorted that out with PJGrady so I just need to pop down when they are available.

The delorean is smooooth 8) Its the best car Ive owned without a doubt. Not the quickest but it makes up for that in other ways.
I had a small numer of brand new angle drives custom made after getting fed up waiting for DMC Texas. I still have one left @ £120
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
stunned_monkey Wrote:I had a small numer of brand new angle drives custom made after getting fed up waiting for DMC Texas. I still have one left @ £120

I've seen the angle drives Martin had manufactured and they are very high quality they also have the advantage that they can be easily disassembled for routine maintenance/re-greasing.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I saw those on ebay a while ago actually. I'll have to find out how much extra I'd have to pay to get one of those, because PJGrady have only been paid for fitting a normal dmc one.
Here's a reply to your video Dan. This will give you some idea on what speed you are going in comparison to your RPM!

Cheers for letting me use your thread Allen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjy_wz0iw4

Ben
So I was doing about 80 then. Your speedo is different to mine. Only goes up to 140 and no 10mph marked on it?
Yeah, that's the way most of them are, I believe your's is special and not quite so common Smile

I went to meet the gent who's selling his D in Ross on Wye today, (Where I was going when I shot that video) and his car had some pretty rare features, and I believe it was a canadian car which had some things i've not seen before, IE Speedo and odometer in KPH, Temp guage in Celsius, not Farenheight, and a stainless exhaust system that's been de-catted, and looks like it's factory......

The stainless on this car is pretty much flawless, as is the interior carpets/dash etc.

I tried to persuade him not to sell, but I think i'll have to try a little bit harder! It was the first time i'd actually followed a DeLorean today!

[Image: 6107935.jpg]
[Image: 6107934.jpg]
[Image: 6107933.jpg]
[Image: 6107932.jpg]
[Image: 6107930.jpg]

This is a nice car, and well worth a look if you are interested in an unmodified D. Nice guy to talk to as well, and very knowledgeable. Seems like it's had a good home for the last 5 years or so! Nice one Wes! :wink:

Was a lovely day for a drive today, and got to test that battery out too!!

Ben
Nice pics there Ben, weather was perfect,,
Well she is now home, AT LAST, does anyone know if you can get a number designated on the day if I go to DVLA Swansae? Ill phone them in the morning anyway,
DOC # 595