Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you most like to change about your DeLorean?
James, you wrote

"I looked into having some 'Contra-Vision' stickers made for the rear qtr windows which would have shown a photo of the BTTF bits and bobs, it would have been a cheep fun way of making the car look BTTF'ish and and easy to remove.

With Contra-Vision you can have a photo printed on one side and see right through it from the other as its perferated with 1000's of tiny holes. "

That actually sounds quite cool, how far did you get with the idea? Any projected costs?

Speaking of the rear quarter, often on typical damp British days I find that the glass fogs a lot. How about extending the heated glass element to the rear quarters???

John C
Great idea John. I was driving back in the rain on Sunday from Leicester and had to use the rear window demister. I also noticed how the rear two windows could have done with demisting too...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:Great idea John. I was driving back in the rain on Sunday from Leicester and had to use the rear window demister. I also noticed how the rear two windows could have done with demisting too...

There must be a way of using some of the heat from the enqine bay to clear those windows, alternativly you can buy DIY de-fogger kits but they tend to be thick white lines and don't look vert atractive.

I'm sure that the engine heat could be used in some way.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JohnC Wrote:That actually sounds quite cool, how far did you get with the idea? Any projected costs?

Speaking of the rear quarter, often on typical damp British days I find that the glass fogs a lot. How about extending the heated glass element to the rear quarters???

John C

John,

If I had a really decent photo of the drivers and passenger sides of the BTTF DeLorean then I could get a price together.

Cotra-vision isn't cheap but it would be a relativly small area, if somone can help me with the photos, I'll get a price.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:
Chris Hawes Wrote:Great idea John. I was driving back in the rain on Sunday from Leicester and had to use the rear window demister. I also noticed how the rear two windows could have done with demisting too...

There must be a way of using some of the heat from the enqine bay to clear those windows, alternativly you can buy DIY de-fogger kits but they tend to be thick white lines and don't look vert atractive.

I'm sure that the engine heat could be used in some way.

James

In theory heat from the engine should do it, but in practice, if its raining, then the engine is wet also, hence when it heats up turns to steam! :lol: :wink:
Chris Hawes Wrote:In theory heat from the engine should do it, but in practice, if its raining, then the engine is wet also, hence when it heats up turns to steam! :lol: :wink:

Probably best to apply some RainX or equivalent to the inside of the rear Qtr windows, i used to use it in an old car I had and it worked pretty well

See this website for some reviews.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... mists.html

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Although rainex has its good points it is no good on an area where there is little or no air flow to move the water on the glass, in fact it can create even more condesation, Id advice not to use it inside the rear windows
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Although rainex has its good points it is no good on an area where there is little or no air flow to move the water on the glass, in fact it can create even more condesation, Id advice not to use it inside the rear windows

Quite suppriesed at that, but you may well have more experience of these products than me.

I was using it on the rear window of my car (not a DMC), and I wouldn't have thought had much air flow, and it worked pretty well.

At that price £5ish it's probably worth a regular DMC driver giving it a go and reporting back.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Yeah absolutley, if you hurry Halfords are doing it with a free can of foaming screen cleaner Smile
As I said it is good stuff, I used to use it when id get a car with wipers not working,mostly cavaliers or astras where the socket wears and dropps off the ball ,,GGGRRR..Im sure Claire knows what i mean :lol:
Obviously it was normaly Hissing it down when I got them and usually, on the motorway. NOT being one that enjoys working on the hard shoulder,
Shock
Id just rub some of that on the screen,Say follow me , and head to a dry place,normaly at the services,,under the protection of the garage forcourt high roof,,,lovely 8)
But I used it a few times on my vehicles and found that the side windows would condensate like b*gg**y with the rainX applied, maybe it changes the dewpoint of the glass I dunno :?
but it always seemed worse, so the thought of putting it on the inside of an outside window sounds like trouble,.
but Id be interested to know the effects :wink:
DOC # 595
Better still do it like they do on the adds, only half of each window, then youd see the difference,,,maybe post some pics :lol:
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Although rainex has its good points it is no good on an area where there is little or no air flow to move the water on the glass, in fact it can create even more condesation, Id advice not to use it inside the rear windows

yes or dont drive it in the rain :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:

yes or dont drive it in the rain :wink: TT

Been a bit tricky this year! :wink:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Yeah absolutley, if you hurry Halfords are doing it with a free can of foaming screen cleaner Smile
As I said it is good stuff, I used to use it when id get a car with wipers not working,mostly cavaliers or astras where the socket wears and dropps off the ball ,,GGGRRR..Im sure Claire knows what i mean :lol:

err.... nope mate! Had Astra's and Cavaliers for over 10 years now, and never encountered that problem :?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Well one day you will. unless you never drive in the rain,, :lol:
Might be worth you checking them before they do. its the wiper linkage end sockets that wear and just drop off the ball , I can honestly say "hand on heart" ive done at least 50 of them,,would I lie??? Shock
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Well one day you will. unless you never drive in the rain,, :lol:
Might be worth you checking them before they do. its the wiper linkage end sockets that wear and just drop off the ball , I can honestly say "hand on heart" ive done at least 50 of them,,would I lie??? Shock

lol Actually, Rich's Cav had a broken wiper linkage (under the scuttle panel) when he bought it, but we just got another one from the scrapyard.

And what do you mean 'unless you never drive in the rain'? Where were you all 'summer'? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie