Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you most like to change about your DeLorean?
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Other requests that have come in off list include:

> Convex mirrors

Darren

Hi Darren

Im sure you know but these are available from these people, I have a set on my car which im very pleased with.

https://secure57.softcomca.com/multivex ... index.html

http://www.multivexmirror.net/Details.a ... category=0

Are the Dash pads looking like a 'goer' ?
Yep, the ground effects,

I think they look great and aren't to over the top.

I would love a set at some stage and would be very interested in a price (feel free to e-mail me direct)

James

[quote="PJ Grady (Europe)"]JamesRG - was you referring to the 'Ground Effects' kit that Rob sells? We can get them over here - but we've never been asked for one yet!
Let me know if this is what you mean - and I'll get you a decent price.
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
how about a door opening system the same a s a Bricklin TT (just in case i lose an arm)
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Darren

Many of the ‘invisible’ modernisations are already on my car, fitted of course by ChrisN

Remote Locking / Door Launch /Remote Boot / Remote Windows – Toby’s kit
Convex / heated door mirror – www.deloreana.com
Improved, replacement xenon bubs – Halfords
Plugin 3.5mm radio aerial adapter for my I-pod – Maplin

I have Bruce’s flux capacitor

That leaves my (realistic?) wish list of….

Stainless exhaust manifold cover. Despite a **generally** clean engine bay, the tarnished exhaust manifold spoils the look.

A foldable stand for my Explodaview poster

Stainless ‘Please ask the owner’s permission to sit in the car’ signs.

Some sort of gizmo to notify me when all the coolant has disappeared out the bottom of the car, even if it means a replacement header tank

I was very impressed with a gizmo I saw on the US forum; it replaced the clock with a display that advised when the fans were turning amongst other things.

For the bling minded, I also thought the elctro-illuminated ‘DeLorean’ on the back bumper looked quite cool.

Parking sensors?

My more frivolous suggestions

Ideally a magic coating to protect polished wheels from having to be cleaned would be nice!

Some way of remotely giving a gentle electric shock via the stainless panels…..

KITT's HTDD system

John C
Is it possible to offer a kit that converts the D to have OBDII sockets for car datas and such?

A Digital Dash kit would be cool too!

Also, I am urging for proper HID conversion kit for the D (fish eye lens) for RHD traffic. Even offering just the lens will make me happy~
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
JohnC Wrote:Darren

Some sort of gizmo to notify me when all the coolant has disappeared out the bottom of the car, even if it means a replacement header tank

John C

Hi John,

Something like this then ?

http://tinyurl.com/2guyyn

Its from my other life as a Lotus nut.

Dan
thats a good idea, i remember my xr3i had a sensor in the tank (this is essex sorry) and it could be a budget way of sorting this problem out
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
After coming down to gradys last week and seeing chrises pollished delorean i thought "I HAVE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THEM"
maybe that is somethink you should go into i know it takes a bit of time but you could put a bed or just a mattress on the floor in the unit and never let chris go home.then you could install a live internett web cam so we can all watch him work morning noon and night. if he starts to fall asleep we could ring him to wake him up...lol...

cheers all Tyson (hana 5284)
Hey Tyson,

Yes, Chris' 'TRK' DeLorean looks amazing - when it's all put together. He started stripping it down a couple of years ago and hasn't had time to complete it.

Each panel on the car was mirror polished and every single dimple removed. He spent something like 40 hours on each panel - and I think that is probably an underestimate.

We did quote someone for doing this once....never heard from them again!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Does any one know of any body that can fabricate a stainless front grill. the one between the headlights,
thanks Allen
DOC # 595
i would not changenothing on mine cause i think i cant possibly change anymore things untill i get paid again

heheheheheeheheehh
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Does any one know of any body that can fabricate a stainless front grill. the one between the headlights,
thanks Allen

If you mean one that is solid stainless, that will be blooming heavy! Shock

Now you gave me an idea~ how about manufacturing a dummy grill (that looks stock) and put hindges and locks on it, so we could swing open it and store stuff behind that space :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Does any one know of any body that can fabricate a stainless front grill. the one between the headlights,
thanks Allen

Im still trying to find out more abut this special grille that AlistairM found on a car in Ireland .

[Image: DMCBadgesunk.jpg]
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

Thats an interesting grill the badge is strange

but i think ive seen this somewere before on a museum car but i cant think were i saw it
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
I think the badge is stock, but the grille has a 'recess' for it.

Looks like 'factory' and not a owner modification