Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2021, Nov 12-14 Nov 2021 & AGM Notification
Finally (today) the stands have been allocated for this years show. So as ever we are looking for cars and volunteers to help out over part or all of the event. Ideally we would like 3 cars on the stand. They have to be in place from the Thursday(11th) until the Sunday PM. We are positioned next to an entry/exit so should be easier at least!
I'm not sure how exactly the show will work with Covid restrictions but as a responsible club we will provide all necessary precautions and will follow the guidelines of the show organizers and Govt guidelines at the time.
Discounted tickets will be available and the discount code will appear in the next couple of club magazines.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Brilliant news Chris. I think you can count me in!! (Car plus me!)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Hopefully I'll be there..not sure about the car. I won't be selling books as i'm down the last few now.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Put me down for car plus volunteer if required  Big Grin
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
I should be about on the Sunday as normal, I'm not sure though as I'm waiting for find out if my car has
been selected for the Cavalier and Chevette Club stand, so once I know about that I can let you know how
much time I can commit over the weekend.

Are we doing the AGM again at the NEC?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
FYI RE; Covid Guidelines for exhibitors etc:

Covid-19
[/url]
COVID 19, the All Secure Standards & your role as an exhibitor!

We are all too aware of the devastating effect COVID 19 has had in the last 18 months. The live events industry has been working with the Government throughout the pandemic to produce a safe framework for returning to live events. This framework is called the All Secure Standard and has been a collaboration between the Event Industry Group, Trade Associations and major organiser’s.  You can click [url=https://www.aeo.org.uk/covid-19]here to download the full guidance, as of 21 July 2021.

Some of these points are explained further throughout the manual but the key COVID measures, and your role as an exhibitor in creating a COVID Secure Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, in 2021 are also explained below.

COVID Status Verification

The NEC is operating a COVID Status Checks at agreed entry points to help keep everyone safe.  

The accepted methods of showing COVID-Status are as follows;

• NHS COVID-19 Pass via the NHS App. (It is advised individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time.)
OR
  • Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
OR
  • Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail, received within 48 hours prior to attending the event. 
OR
  • EU Digital or paper COVID Certificate. International visitors can show their equivalent Covid Pass from their country of origin.
If you would prefer not to use the NHS App or do not have a smartphone you can obtain a NHS COVID-19 Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.

If you need help using the NHS App to gain your COVID Pass, watch this helpful quick video.

Exhibitors with a medical exemption should advise a member of staff during the checking process.
COVID PASS QUICK TIP: When you have your proof ready, we find it helps to download or screenshot a copy of your proof and save it to your photos, email or phone wallet. You could also print out a hard copy if you prefer. Having this makes things much easier when you arrive and avoids any mishaps you may encounter with accessing the app or dealing with those pesky low signal moments. Plus, it'll make checking and accessing the venue much quicker, too

Exhibitors with a medical exemption should advise a member of staff during the checking process.

Where do I verify my COVID Status?

There are set locations that COVID Status checks take place, and you MUST ensure you attend one of them.
  • Piazza Main Entrance
  • Bridgelink
  • Lorry Parks
  • North 11 Car Park when available, otherwise North 12 Car Park
  • South 5 Car Park
  • North 1a Car Park
  • VE Doors 3.3, 3.6, 4.1 and 5.7
Once you have done your Status Check you will be issued with a wristband which will last for 48hrs.  You will then be asked to re-verify every 48hrs. If you are using a lateral flow test, please make sure you bring enough lateral flow tests with you.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Sad 
blooming heck...that sounds a right faff
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Looking through those requirements it doesn't look like much of a faff if one has the NHS app on their phone. It just means that those manning the stand will have to be reverified at a stated location half way through the event.

Mary and I are planning to be there for the whole time and will bring the gazebo and tables.

Mary and Michael
I haven't i'm afraid...I just dont like the idea of it, and some of my chums have numerous false results arrising from it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(13 Oct 2021, 13:02)Chris P Wrote: I haven't i'm afraid...I just dont like the idea of it, and some of my chums have numerous false results arrising from it.

Think thats the track and trace app rather than the NHS app that shows your covid passport.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(13 Oct 2021, 19:35)Chris Williams Wrote:
(13 Oct 2021, 13:02)Chris P Wrote: I haven't i'm afraid...I just dont like the idea of it, and some of my chums have numerous false results arrising from it.

Think thats the track and trace app rather than the NHS app that shows your covid passport.

Sorry, got them mixed up. I think I have a printed version...will have to look at the other one. I'm not very good with all this techy stuff.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Phill and I have ordered paper copies of our NHS Covid passes to prove we are double vaccinated.

Not sure what to do about Kezia though, they did vaccines at her school on the 5th, but she wasn't
done because it was 4 days before she turned 12, even though I completed the consent form.
Hi Chris, are you still looking for cars and volunteers?
Our covid passes arrived today.

Rich Hanlon/Dicky H, if one of you are going on set-up day, can you take the calendars with you?
Quote:Hi Chris, are you still looking for cars and volunteers?
Have the cars set up thanks, due to trying to be as Covid safe as we can be (for people manning the stand and visitors) my intention was to only have two cars on the stand to allow a greater area for free movement of people around the stand. I possibly could squeeze a third car on (ideally a bttf car) but only because I could rope it off. but really i'm trying to keep things safe for everyone, at least as much as I possibly can.

For those visiting club members and non can I please request that you try to bring or ask us to store in the gazebo as little as possible to allow as much room for those to move around and social distance from each other. There will be a hand sanitizer station for anyone to use on the stand and a clear cough/sneeze guard around the open areas of the gazebo. Please be respectful of social distancing. There are lots of measures in place around free air movement in the halls, so I would suggest that it may be cooler. Lets make this a safe and enjoyable show for everyone.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584