The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: ...the main reason why you must check your wheel nuts ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bozzzydmc

how did he fail to check all four wheels?

huh?

he's a silly billy. :roll: Big Grin
Barson Wrote:he's a silly billy. :roll: Big Grin

is that the polite version? :wink: :lol:

Reminds me of a stupid thing I did when I had my first car. I had a Mini 850 with white wheels and I fancied them silver. So having already done the numpty thing of sitting cross legged, in shorts with a wheel in my lap and a bottle of nitromors......... 2 minutes later "ow, why are my legs hurting slightly less then blazers".... :roll: Anyway, I finally spray my wheels silver, and put them back on my car - but I was in a hurry, as I was going to a barbeque, and I didnt want to damage my nice new paint job..........so I put the wheel nuts on loose so not to muck the paint up, jumped in the car and drove down the road Shock I soon stopped tho, as the car was wobbling all over the place, and tightened the nuts up. What a pleb! I can laugh at how stupid I was now, but at the time I felt a right pratt. :lol:
My mate sent me a link to this video on a different website, it just blew my away how somebody who owns a car like that can be so careless... its like how on earth could that have happened?! Silly person Tongue :lol:
maybe his rival Dick Dastardly loosened the nuts to embarass and humiliate his arch rival!

I pity the fool! Shock
Chris Hawes Wrote:maybe his rival Dick Dastardly loosened the nuts to embarass and humiliate his arch rival!

I pity the fool! Shock

I agree with this explaination.

Or it could be his mechanic being very careless.

I know a Lambo owner had one of his rear wheels flew away 200 metres when he was travelling on the motorway. A massive bill to fix the car. And in close inspection, it was the mechanic's fault... i.e. not tighting the wheel nuts with a torque wrench with the wheel under load!!

Remember, always rely on yourself in these life threatening little details.
That reminds me, must check the mini wheels... Don't want that happening to me when i have a go Shock :lol:

Rach
xxxxx