The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Ignition timing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would someone be good enough to confirm the ignition timing for me please? from memory is it 12% BTDC with ignition advance detached? or am I completly wrong??
Thanks
Chris
as far as im aware your 1degree out it should be 13 but what do i know :lol: do i sound like someone else :oops: TT

bozzzydmc

That is correct Tony

(13 Degrees + or - 2 degrees @775 rpm plus or minus 50 ) Workshop manual
If you have the Volvo dizzy and metering head then you should be running at 10 degrees BTDC
Thanks, I have the volvo dizzy on but not the metering head as yet, so will set at 10%
Thanks for the help
Chris
Talking about the volvo gear, if anyone has it i will buy it Cheers TT

NickT

If you have the volvo distributor on, leave the advance solenoid on too.

Disconnect the oxygen sensor electrically and set the fuel mixture to 2 to 2.5% co.

Once you have the oem B28E fuel distributor, matching CPR and metering head/flap (v important for the correct fuel curve) then bypass the thermo switch completely.

DISTRIBUTOR SOLENOID--------VAC ADVANCE ON SOLENOID
|
|
|
T---INLET MANIFOLD
|
|
|
CPR
I have a second hand volvo B28E dizzy if you want it. Works fine I got hold of a recondiitioned one for the engine I built. £15 and its yours will even through in a new rotor arm and cap!
Chris
NickT Wrote:If you have the volvo distributor on, leave the advance solenoid on too.

Disconnect the oxygen sensor electrically and set the fuel mixture to 2 to 2.5% co.

Once you have the oem B28E fuel distributor, matching CPR and metering head/flap (v important for the correct fuel curve) then bypass the thermo switch completely.

DISTRIBUTOR SOLENOID--------VAC ADVANCE ON SOLENOID
|
|
|
T---INLET MANIFOLD
|
|
|
CPR
Sorry Nick dont quiet follow this perhaps you would be good enough to show me next weekend? (or explain in more simple terms Shock )
Chris

NickT

OK I'll show you at Eurotec.

What I posted was an attempt to show you a modified vacuum route using ascii characters.

IE the vacuum piping goes from the inlet manifol to a T piece.
From this T piece (1) to the Distributor Solenoid.
From the Distributor Solenoid to the Vaccuum advance on the distributor.

From the T piece (1) the other side goes to the Volvo CPR.

Good luck.

NickT.
Chris & Suzie William Wrote:I have a second hand volvo B28E dizzy if you want it. Works fine I got hold of a recondiitioned one for the engine I built. £15 and its yours will even through in a new rotor arm and cap!
Chris

Done, bring it with you chris if you can, cheers tony
Tourettes Tony Wrote:
Chris & Suzie William Wrote:I have a second hand volvo B28E dizzy if you want it. Works fine I got hold of a recondiitioned one for the engine I built. £15 and its yours will even through in a new rotor arm and cap!
Chris

Done, bring it with you chris if you can, cheers tony

Will do mate.

Chris