The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Ex Patrick Collection Car For Sale uoa596y
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

bozzzydmc

1983 delorean, , totally original, original goodyear tyres still like brand new,6900 miles,
manual with grey leather trim,parts and service manual,all mots and tailored car cover included,very reluctant sale
insurance/club valued at 20k price £19000 firm
contact ian.pennington on 01925492113 after 6pm
[Image: uoa.png]

Car will be on main web site soon
For those of you who remember Ian titley, this is the car he sold to the current owner a few years ago.
That is Ian Titley's old car. A very mint car though have not seen it since Ian owned it ...which must of been 4 - 5 years ago :o

bozzzydmc

"original goodyear tyres"

However I would urge anyone thinking of buying this for 'everyday' use to consider replacing these 25 year old tyres. My 8 year old ones are past their best now even though they still have the little manufacturing 'bobbles' on them and 95% of the origional tread.
Mike, when you say 'past their best' do you mean they are cracking?

bozzzydmc

Yes lines between the tread and all around their circumference, checked them last weekend and thought "ummm not good " Smile

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/advice/ ... /tyres.htm

I had an interesting visit to my local tyre emporium , they had 8 different makes in for the front ones ( not remoulds ) , what a hell of a difference in actual looks and manufactures 'waffle' on these, some felt as soft as cheese and others like rock. All were around the £ 45 - 55 mark.
Mint car indeed, I went for a ride in that for my 16th Birthday (was in the DOC mag with the gold car poster in the middle think). Deffo worth the dosh.
Interesting info Mike,

Which brand of tyre is fitted to your car at the moment?

bozzzydmc

Yokohama Avid CT 235/60/15T on rear

Dont think they are available to buy now especially in the UK
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yokohama Avid CT 235/60/15T on rear

I believe Yokohama tyres are one of the firm favourites for performance cars (street racers haha) as well as Toyo.
What are the current options for tyres, as far as I know there are no longer any matched sets. The closest is the PIRELLI - P6000 for the front and PIRELLI - P600 for the rear. Ed Uding told me a while ago that Pirelli were going to produce P6000 for the front but have never seen them available.

bozzzydmc Wrote:Yokohama Avid CT 235/60/15T on rear

Yoko stopped making the AVS tyres in D sizes around 5 years ago, then Michelin started making tyres in the right sizes but again they stopped production. Even Cooper tyres in the USA have appeared to stop making D sizes, but a lot of people did not rate the Cooper tyre.

Be curious to know what the vendors use now. What do DMCH use James?

bozzzydmc

All i can currently find is the Pirelli P6000 or some 'no name' 4 x 4 tyre that fits, its a bit of a worry the lack of support for our tyre size .

bozzzydmc

This car was in the Patrick Collection? Don't remember seeing it there...

bozzzydmc

All I know that it was Ian titleys car. Obviously the wording of the ad is that of the seller.
Pages: 1 2