The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Cheers guys, out of hospital again, not a week I'd recommend. :|
Mate, I meet in there, when I first diagnosed in August, Army, back from Afghanistan last year, only 30 years old, got told there is nothing more they can do for him.
Its heart breaking, and scary as hell, to deal/talk/watch his family shatter. It all seems so cruel & unfair.
Sorry to bring it down & hijack thread, again, heads abit all over the place.......... Love & family.
I hope all is well going into the future and the car brings some big smiles!

I like this picture:
:lol: Lot of work there!
Mines just off Holland, on way to Germany. Smile
My car arrived at Southampton on Monday, was released from customs today and I am now waiting for it to be picked up and delivered to me.

Every part of me wants to get a train down to Southampton and drive it back, as I being very impatient but the sensible side tells me to be patient and wait for it to be delivered safely on the back of a truck.

I do hope it arrives tomorrow!
marty Wrote:I hope all is well going into the future and the car brings some big smiles!

I like this picture:

Doh !

Not ANOTHER BTTF conversion....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great work, much better than some conversions I've seen :wink:
marty Wrote:My car arrived at Southampton on Monday, was released from customs today and I am now waiting for it to be picked up and delivered to me.

Every part of me wants to get a train down to Southampton and drive it back, as I being very impatient but the sensible side tells me to be patient and wait for it to be delivered safely on the back of a truck.

I do hope it arrives tomorrow!

I'm hoping Darren will post me his number-plates & I'll just go and drive the sucker................ :lol:
Can I ask who you're using & what sort of price to courier it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do have a spare US style pressed steel set Karl, and I'm only 20 mins away from the port..... :wink:
I am using Will @ TransGlobal 0117 9381919 who has sorted the whole import for me. He has someone transporting it from Southampton to Bristol for £130.00.
Although I could go and pick it up and bring it back on a trailer or just drive it back (my insurance company assure me they will insure the car for me to drive it back to my home address without number plates, MOT or TAX!) I thought it much wiser to have it transported back, break downs, safety etc.

Hope that helps Smile
We're kidding around Marty, I NEVER recommend driving an imported car home straight off the boat. I've transported both mine and I'm only a few miles away from Southampton.
Very wise to transport it, you just cannot take it for granted the car is serviceable or safe to drive, and you're only putting yourself and other road users at risk. Considering the cost to transport v the cost of the car if anything goes wrong its a no brainer.
IT'S HERE!!!

It arrived when it was wet and windy and nasty so I haven't managed to have a really good look at it yet.
The garage it is going into doesn't arrive until March so it's under a custom fit cover for now.

I drove it down my no through road where no cars go down and all was good.

Bodywork I would give 9.5/10 - Needs a good clean
Engine Sound 11/10 - That Stainless Exhaust sounds awesome!
Interior 7/10 - Needs the dash cracks sorted but the seats are the original leather and in great condition

It was a long wait and I am looking forward to playing with the car in the morning. MOT in the afternoon after I fit the fog light and headlights.
Big Grin :o Big Grin :o Big Grin :o Big Grin
Lets see some pictures then…….please.
Yup, in the morning, I wanted to upload some this evening but just too dark for my camera phone.
Every year Christmas just gets better and better.
Sorry for the delay in uploading images - Christmas and all that!

Here's some off the boat pictures.
Page 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8