The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Drifting when pulling out from GiveWay Junction....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this should belong to Transmission or Steering Catagory... Please move it if incorrectly placed.

It's raining today, and when I pulled out from GiveWay T junction from stand still, the car's rear end drifted out, and basically I ended up "power Sliding" till I gain full control again....

People on the road look amazed as if I was a drifter, but I was damn scared! Shock

The tyre threads are still good, and I am sure the tyre pressure on all 4 wheels are correct, as I just checked at the petrol station.

Could this be the differencial/gear box outputing different torque to the 2 rear wheels? Or is it a bad indication from the TABs, which is due to be change??
Or you might just require a little less right boot! :lol:

NickT

Does it matter if you looked cool 8)

On a serious note, let us know which tyre brand you have as some are hard wearing long lasting and others are soft grippy and short lasting. It is all a trade off.

Double check that your throttle spool is free too so it doesn't jam on.
Probably not relevent in this case but still worth noting.

NickT.
I had the same thing happen every time in the wet when I still had old yank tyres on my car. Even fairly careful acceleration in a bend caused the back end to start sliding, and the first few times I overcorrected and fishtailed up the road too. Changing to decent (Pirelli P600 I believe) rear tyres fixed it completely.
Could be a bit of diesel on the road or has been suggested a right foot :lol: TT
Rottbott Wrote:I had the same thing happen every time in the wet when I still had old yank tyres on my car. Even fairly careful acceleration in a bend caused the back end to start sliding, and the first few times I overcorrected and fishtailed up the road too. Changing to decent (Pirelli P600 I believe) rear tyres fixed it completely.

I had the same problem Rob - remember that first year at Donington when it P'd it down???? I was on my yank tyres, and on the circuit I was ok, but back out on the roads, either coming out of a side road or pulling away from lights was a nightmare. I started pulling away in 2nd to try and stop the tyres spinning (no matter how gentle I was on the right pedal).

I'm now on Pirelli's and the car sticks to the road like puppy poo to a blanket Big Grin