The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Time Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
No worries, it was aimed at bttf_car.

I drove Keiths before around a country lane - it was fun, but the extra weight in the back from the props was really noticed. Good to look at but not to drive (like most DeLoreans I suppose Tongue )
dmc4087 Wrote:No worries, it was aimed at bttf_car.

I drove Keiths before around a country lane - it was fun, but the extra weight in the back from the props was really noticed. Good to look at but not to drive (like most DeLoreans I suppose Tongue )

Ah I see Smile

For sure, it's a cruiser...but a damn cool one! 8)
bttf car Wrote:i had a guy drive into a lorry in front of him which he caught up and smashed his car up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, shouldn,t laugh, but EPIC FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!
bttf car Wrote:i dont do motorways just to much attention, it goes on a low loader to all events, and yes people sit along side filming the car as i do not cover her, i had a guy drive into a lorry in front of him which he caught up and smashed his car up.
but on the normal town roads i only ever go forward, people always give way to me, beep their horns etc or wave

A similar thing happened to a guy watching my car too - the guys were sitting in my blind spot for ages, I couldnt get out to overtake a lorry - eventually they went into the back of the guy in front.

So thats 2 accidents caused by Deloreans that we know of Tongue (or caused by idiots)
dmc4087 Wrote:
bttf car Wrote:i dont do motorways just to much attention, it goes on a low loader to all events, and yes people sit along side filming the car as i do not cover her, i had a guy drive into a lorry in front of him which he caught up and smashed his car up.
but on the normal town roads i only ever go forward, people always give way to me, beep their horns etc or wave

A similar thing happened to a guy watching my car too - the guys were sitting in my blind spot for ages, I couldnt get out to overtake a lorry - eventually they went into the back of the guy in front.

So thats 2 accidents caused by Deloreans that we know of Tongue (or caused by idiots)

I get this ALL THE TIME! (without the accident part though) It really frustrates me. They force me to slow right down because I can't overtake. They don't acknowledge my indicator (what do they think...? that we have "another common DeLorean fault" this time with our lights!?), and common sense never prevails, so then, once i'm too slow for them to bother, they take off, leaving me stuck behind a huge lorry struggling up a hill at 45mph, and all the lanes have fast moving traffic flying passed me, making it VERY difficult to then pick up the pace to match them after getting into an overtaking lane (if i ever do eventually make it out from behind the lorry!). It's these people who are going to cause us an accident and potentially lose our car!
Too busy gocking to make consideration that we are also a road user, trying to get somewhere, and not just there for their momentary amusement.
It CAN be good fun, and sometimes I enjoy it, but only if everyone remains considerate and safe. I don't want to lose my hard earned dream car because someone else is not thinking about the continuing real aspects of safe road use, just because i'm driving an unusual car for them to behold at the time.

Another favourite, is the Dashboard rider. Those drivers who practically lean right over their own steering wheel towards their windscreen, whilst tailgating me to the extreme at 70+ mph trying their damnedest to see a model/maker badge or something, cause they want to know what type of car it is. (You'd think the HUGE embossed LETTERS "DELOREAN" on the bumper would be enough....? Obviously not. "Where's the badge?" they're saying. "I can't see the *insert generic typical car makers emblem here* badge!?")
:lol:

I on the other hand had a Landrover Discovery run into the back of me when I was at a petrol station filling with fuel; Door open and Bonnet up.

"Sorry mate, didn't see you down there" was the excuse. :evil:

http://smallbusiness.foxbusiness.com/en ... -business/

Oliver Holler Wrote:"Whats the fun in having a time machine if you have someone else haul it on a trailer?" he said.
wow!! 300,000 miles!!! Great Scott!! lol
bttf car Wrote:It Seems Luke got his time machine from Bruce, so well done i look forward to seeing it sometime. I wonder if he did it off his own back or got a partner to buy into the car?

http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

3 good time machines now in the UK Smile

Thanks for the kind words Steve, it is greatly appreciated, but your slightly strange obsession with trying to find out personal information including the price of the car is not, i repeat, NOT going to work. Two people know the details, and that's how it should, and will remain.

I'm more than happy to work in harmony with yourself and other fellow owners here, but please stop being unprofessional by poking sticks everywhere in hope for finding out this confidential information...

For the records however, i'm proud to have done everything off my own back. I will be delighted to come to, or arrange a DOC meet shortly after everything is ready to get to know people, and allow those interested to view in detail.
bttf car Wrote:3 good time machines now in the UK Smile

Surely there are at least 4? Maybe 5

bttf_brian,
bttf_car (Steve),
Luke,
Keith in N Ireland
and doesn't Lord Nik Speakman have one also?

and wasn't there another conversion in progress?

And don't call me Shirley Smile
Dangermouse Wrote:
bttf car Wrote:3 good time machines now in the UK Smile

Surely there are at least 4? Maybe 5

bttf_brian,
bttf_car (Steve),
Luke,
Keith in N Ireland
and doesn't Lord Nik Speakman have one also?

and wasn't there another conversion in progress?

And don't call me Shirley Smile

I was going to say something myself but I really didn't want to get involved with that comment.. :wink:

I have met Brian and Mike also, their cars are excellent and both are top blokes! 8)
+1 that Glen Hale used to look after, for (forgot name) now I understand down at Beaulieu motor museum, is the Goldsmith's one a BTTF car?

Chris
Isn't Bozzy working on something too?
Manxmann Wrote:Isn't Bozzy working on something too?

Sure is! He's the Mike I was referring to. Top bloke, met him at Knightcon. His car Is excellent and almost done.
I'd heard (admittedly from Glen) a couple of years back that Universal were taking a dim
view on all these BTTF conversions, as it was a breach of their copyright or something.

Apparantly everytime a 'Mystery Machine' replica is done, the copyright owners of that
(Warner Bros?) send round the legal team....

This is only what I've heard, it could all be total rot of course Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5