The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: OIL LEAK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OIL RUNS OR POURS OUT FROM UNDER WATERPUMP; UNDER INTAKE ;RUNS DOWN FRONT OF ENGINE. IS THERE A OIL LINE THERE???
Is it pouring out under force?

There are no oil lines in that area.

Could a hole have opened in the valley?
Needs more investigation I'm afraid, could be a number of places: timing cover gaskets/oil seal/rocker cover gaskets... however having had a hole in the valley myself I can confirm that it does come out at a fair rate and does a good job of covering the cars windscreens behind you when your driving along Shock Really difficult to trace as well as you need the engine running to find it but you cant see in there with all the intake Etc on. even with a borescope could not see it.

Chris
VBP355 Wrote:OIL RUNS OR POURS OUT FROM UNDER WATERPUMP; UNDER INTAKE ;RUNS DOWN FRONT OF ENGINE. IS THERE A OIL LINE THERE???
OIL RUNS OUT LIKE POURING OUT OF NEW CONTAINER. PUMPS OIL OUT OF ENGINE IN ABOUT TWO MINUTES....WILL HAVE INTAKE OFF TOMORROW.....
Doesnt sound good then.

Have a look at http://www.delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1936

Shane didnt find a hole but it shows you the corrosion that can occur.
That does not sound good Sad I tried allsortss to fix it from stuffing chemical metal down the holes to having all the top of the block TIG welded to seal everything up. The oill just kept finding another hole to come out of. Changed the block in the end.

Chris
Don't run the engine without oil! It'll take only seconds to to permanent damage.

It does sound like the block has corroded through, or if you're lucky, it'll be the steel plug which is immediately behind/under the water pump (the one with the hexagonal key)
stunned_monkey Wrote:Don't run the engine without oil! It'll take only seconds to to permanent damage.

It does sound like the block has corroded through, or if you're lucky, it'll be the steel plug which is immediately behind/under the water pump (the one with the hexagonal key)
OIL COMING FROM BLOCK .DEEP CASTING IN MID VALLEY. CAN ALUMINUM BLOCK BE WELDED?????
Yes, but it's not easy, it's a pretty poor quality casting.
Quote:OIL COMING FROM BLOCK .DEEP CASTING IN MID VALLEY. CAN ALUMINUM BLOCK BE WELDED?????
Can be, BUT I tried it it did not work, had it all professionally welded up but it just kept finding the next weakest spot to come out of. Really are better trying to get hold of a replacement block.

Chris
Sounds nasty - and I have to add weight to the argument that it's very dicfficult to succesfully weld a cast structure, you'd be exceptionally lucky if it was succesful - I think it sounds like you're in the market for a new motor unfortunately :-(
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Sounds nasty - and I have to add weight to the argument that it's very dicfficult to succesfully weld a cast structure, you'd be exceptionally lucky if it was succesful - I think it sounds like you're in the market for a new motor unfortunately :-(
BLOCK IS LEAKING.... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF AN EAGLE 3.0 ENGINE BLOCK HAS SAME MOUTING & BOLT PATTERNS AS DELOREAN 2.8
Eagle 3 litre is just a Renault 3 litre common to Safrane and Laguna. Everything except DeLorean pistons will bolt right in.
VBP355 Wrote:OIL RUNS OR POURS OUT FROM UNDER WATERPUMP; UNDER INTAKE ;RUNS DOWN FRONT OF ENGINE. IS THERE A OIL LINE THERE???
found hole in block. i have repaired hole,no more leaking.
How did you repair it in the end? Any pics?
Pages: 1 2