The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: METERING HEAD NUMBERING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Would any one have a picture of diagram of the metering head showing what every hole does? Ie; what feeds which injector etc etc, Only ask as I have replaced the fuel lines with Harveys S/S ones and according to the markings I made I'm correct however looking at his reference photo;
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-pa ... el-set.jpg
I think he/or I may have the l/h bank wrong?
Thanks
Chris

NickT

bozzzydmc

I have his fuel hoses too , I cant see what is wrong in his picture, but the one Nick has posted is the one i followed . Anyway the 6 injectors all get fuel at the same time so it wouldnt matter if you 'happened' to get mixed up. Did you go for the new banjo bolts as well ?

Also it doesnt matter which way round you get the return line to the tank / frequency valve back onto the double banjo bolt.

Found these lines a lot easier to fit in than oem ones.... still fiddly round the ISM area though.
Excellent, thanks Nick, It does appear to be incorrect in the photo. I thought it was but allways best to be sure!
Chris
bozzzydmc Wrote:I have his fuel hoses too , I cant see what is wrong in his picture, but the one Nick has posted is the one i followed . Anyway the 6 injectors all get fuel at the same time so it wouldnt matter if you 'happened' to get mixed up. Did you go for the new banjo bolts as well ?

Also it doesnt matter which way round you get the return line to the tank / frequency valve back onto the double banjo bolt.

Found these lines a lot easier to fit in than oem ones.... still fiddly round the ISM area though.

Mike
I think he has 4,5 &6 the wromg way round as in 4 is where 6 should be and visa versa!
Chris

NickT

That wouldn't matter as the fuel system isn't sequential 8)

1 to 6 can be put onto any cylinder in theory.

While you were at it you could have replaced the fuel injector rubber boots as these can be a source of vacuum leaks.

It is the rest of the connections that are critical.

Have fun,

NickT.

bozzzydmc

arrh right got you now ... it wouldnt matter but its nice to get them the stock way round Smile

I found the nut on the hose to the rigid return line a right pain to get off.