The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: drive shaft rebuilds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

my drive shafts are in pretty poor state. does anyone know if Drive shafts UK can actualy work on Delorean drive shafts?
I know they do steering racks - I've dealt with them before. I suppose i could phone them.

nothing that special about them is there? RichH reference Granada CV joints in another thread.

cheers
Dave.

bozzzydmc

http://volksweb.relitech.com/cvjoints.htm

You could try refurbishing these yourself ?... tis a messy job but easy enough... used this web page as a point of reference when NickT and I rebuilt mine ....

A Van

I think Rottbott found a supplier of these at a more than reasonable price.

I'll try and track him down see what he paid

A
Whats wrong with them? If its just leaky boots and rusty shafts then you can strip them right down and rebuild them yourself. I have mine in bits at the moment, they come apart easily.

A Van

Got hold of Rob, he got his from Dave Howarth on a swap basis.

He thinks it was £50.

Al
Blimey thats a good price, I would have not bothered getting caked in that horrid grease and muck for that price!
Dan1986 Wrote:Whats wrong with them? If its just leaky boots and rusty shafts then you can strip them right down and rebuild them yourself. I have mine in bits at the moment, they come apart easily.

/strokes chin

hmm

*thinks*

ok cheers guys.

I'll take a proper look at them this week and figure it out Smile

Dave.
Hi Dan,

While your body's off, could you check if you have any play in the bearings that support the driveshaft hubs that stick out of the gearbox.
Just grab the CV joint and pull it up and down without rotating the shaft.

I'm trying to gauge whats average/standard or acceptable.

Cheers
D