The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Choosing a new exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay.

I'm commited, but it must be POLISHED i'm afraid. I think it should only be £60 for the whole system. Reason being, new engine, so the new exhaust must be up to standard:

So therefore the price hopefully would be:

(£747 + £60) + VAT = £948.23.

Alistair, Let me know when the supplier wants the money and I can call them to send the money via switch or credit card. Also details about a deposit or payment in full.

Many thanks for the hard work and great result.

[Image: P1000868.jpg]

[Image: P1000871.jpg]

[Image: P1000877.jpg]

A Van

Hi Rich

The £747 was inc vat!

If you wanted polished I think it will come in at £816.50 inc vat.

I'll check that out now.

Cheers

Alistair

A Van

Hi

Yep thats right just checked, they can do individual polished at £60.00 extra, so it would be as above £816.50 inc vat.

All we need to do is pay £50 deposit, and then pay on collection.

They will be ready middle of January.

So far we have:
A Van - committed - non polished
JRG - committed - non polished
JBV - committed - non polished
RM - committed - polished
Dan - thinking

Obviously we have already hit the four required, if we got to 6 or 7 then I might be able to procure a further slight discount..but no promises!, I think we all agree its a good deal.

Cheers

A
A Van Wrote:Hi

All we need to do is pay £50 deposit, and then pay on collection.

They will be ready middle of January.

7176 lands at Southampton on the 10th Jan - perfect!
Alistair,

Who's a hero? YOU A HERO!

Excellent job matey, keep me posted when you are placing the order

Richard

A Van

LOL!!

Your engine looks smart Rich!

I have just spoken to Julian, he is at the NEC for 10 days doing the bike show, but he wants one.

So we are now at

A Van - committed - non polished
JRG - committed - non polished
JBV - committed - non polished
RM - committed - polished
Julian - committed - non polished
Dan - thinking
If any of you boys are getting rid of your OEM muffler with the '82 exhuast tips fitted give me a shout Big Grin

Cheers,

Phil
Go on then you've twisted my arm Shock

I'll have non pollished and no lambda hole.

I am slightly concerned about my studs shearing off though, but will just have to hope they come out ok. When I am at Ed's next month I can bring back gaskets and studs too.

bozzzydmc

Even if you were to shear them all off you have the two opposite holes you could use.

But if they dont then I suppose you have the choice to use 2 or 4 studs per exhaust port.

Just keep squirting the studs with WD until you come to do the job and give them a sharp tap with a hammer to shock them before you undo the nuts... with luck they will all 'turn out' with them.

A Van

Or you could 'tickle' them with a bit of oxyacetylene!, JRG got all his out ok...I think if one particular one undoes ok then the rest do....JRG can you advise?

Phil, mine has 82 tips, but Rich M might already have his off?

Right we have.

AV - Non polished
JRG - Non polished
JBV - Non polished
RM - Polished
Dan - Non polished - No lamdba hole
Julian - Non polished

I'll see if we get any more interest by the end of the day, then I'll make the rest of the arrangments.

Cheers

Al
Damn, I wish I'd have waited now........

I would have gone for one of these with you guys at that price, but instead up upgrading mine, I side stepped by having one made at LongLife which kept the back pipe in line.

The only thing that was putting me off was the hefty £1300 figure that was floating around when I was looking to purchase in the spring.

I was quoted around £450 for the system I had made, which had increased by the time I had it done.

Overall, I'm happy with the look, the sound, and the quality of what they did.

But for a few hundred more, I would have had the Rolls Royce of exhausts, like you guys are planning on getting.....

I do however have my old 83 muffler which is in excellent condition with the pointy tips. If I can hock that, along with the one that is currently fitted to the car (guaranteed for life) for close to what one of these is costing, then I may well be with you.........

Ben
Quick one - why would one not want the lambda hole on the exhaust? Something to do with having a disconnected lambda sensor?
If memory serves me correct he has stage 1 fuel distributor, so no lambda ports on the car.
Thats right Richard. Volvo fuel distributor = no frequency valve = no lambda system Big Grin

Your engine looks great! I admire the effort thats gone into that. Big Grin
Tell me about it!

It was originally out of a Volvo 264, so is the B28E with Higher compression no lambda etc etc. Was gonna put cams in, but thought it a little beyond my skills.

I posted a seperate thread later in the proper manner, keep your eyes peeled.

Looking forward to the new sorst though :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6