The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: drive in movie delorean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone here done this with their car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbUdrxEVv...re=related

This will be the first thing i sort out in my future DeLorean xD

not necessarily a computer and stuff, but even just a DVD player would be pretty awesome, wouldn't it?
Hi Odan,

There are two camps when it comes down to it, Purists and the rest of the world.

Personally I think it would be "Awe-ful" to have anything other than the original Craig stereo, but if you do decide to change it, for god sake keep hold of the Craig, and dont butcher the centre console, it'll be worth much more in the future than any modern stereo thats obsolete within a week!

Good luck in what ever you choose.

Best Regards
D
no way!

I certainly won't change any of the original console or anything like that.

And i wouldn't make any irreversible changes, just create a screen inside the hood, and somehow fix a projector. Perhaps rig a set of surround sound speakers in the four corners of the car, but that would depend on wiring.

I wouldn't do it if it messed other things up Smile
Just watch out on the electrics, they barely cope with a standard unmodified car!

My advice is keep the car sweet and get a Blockbuster membership card. Big Grin

Best Regards
D
yeah the electronics would be the biggest challenge.

I just have this beautiful vision of sitting parked in my DeLorean on the coast, looking out to sea and sand, with a lovely girlfriend in the passenger seat... able to just put on a romantic movie (or BTTF!) with champagne and stuff, and thus all my loves come together as one Smile
Your wasted on here, you should be writing novels for Mills & Boon with that sort of talk.
Yeah, and when the tide comes in you'll have a flat battery :lol:
yeah Sad

and hoverboards don't work on water!
0dan1 Wrote:I just have this beautiful vision of sitting parked in my DeLorean on the coast, looking out to sea and sand, with a lovely girlfriend in the passenger seat...

Don't we all. :roll:

Welcome to the forum btw Big Grin Have you ever been for a ride in a D?
You could always float off on a door with Kate Winslett :oops:
no :'( never Sad

I've been to a few classic car gatherings, that sort of thing, and every time i have SCOURED the place for a D :lol:

but never to any avail Sad

The only one I've ever had any contact with is the display in Universal Studios 8)

Thanks for the welcome! Smile
Darren C Wrote:You could always float off on a door with Kate Winslett :oops:

dreamy Big Grin
On second thoughts she'd probably push you off, then throw the diamond you gave her in the sea.... :roll:

Welcome to the forum Dan.

Get your self a full membership if you haven't already and your most welcome to come along to any event. Especially Eurotec.
All the cars you could ever want will be there. Big Grin

Best Regards
D
Oh another Dan Big Grin

Your in Hertford, I sometimes pass near there when I go to see my mate in Beds. Next time I go over I'll PM you and pop buy so you can see one on your drive :wink:
aww wow XD

that would be seriously amazing ^^

I'm near hertford, but I live pretty much next to Harlow and Bishops Stortford if you've heard of them Smile
but thanks very much indeed Big Grin

cheers DAN :wink:
Pages: 1 2