The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
CAT Bypass Pipe - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: CAT Bypass Pipe (/showthread.php?tid=4197)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Savetheclocktower - 14 Oct 2013

I have mine hollowed out so to speak. Not getting any resonance that I have noticed. Nice cheap, factory look solution in my opinion. Smile

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris Williams - 14 Oct 2013

Quote:But it shouldn't be very expensive. Hope thats suits everyone?
That's great Chris, especially if he is happy to keep a few on the shelf.
Chris

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - flux3d - 22 Oct 2013

Yeah, sounds great! I'll give you a ring Chris and let me know how much they are. Big Grin

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris P - 22 Oct 2013

Ive just come back from talking to Don at the exhaust place, they are getting some flanges laser cut to save time on the 4th November. Are you still OK with the arrangements Mark?

They are extremely busy up there, but are going to get on with the next batch of free flow systems for us shortly after completing the bypass pipes.

So if anyone wants either, get your name down soon to avoid a long wait. Phone Don or Steve on 01623 552262

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - jwrayth - 22 Oct 2013

Despite my recent brush with the criminal element I'd still like to keep my name down for one of these.

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - MikeWard - 23 Oct 2013

Any word on price?

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris P - 23 Oct 2013

They won't be expensive, but Don needs to make the first one before he can firm up the price.

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - MikeWard - 23 Oct 2013

Ok, tentative interest from me, depending on final price.

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - SteveyP - 23 Oct 2013

Agreed with Mike. Sounds good to me, but how much exactly?

Steve

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris P - 23 Oct 2013

READ the ABOVE posts please.

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris Williams - 23 Oct 2013

Quote:Ok, tentative interest from me, depending on final price.
Yep, add me to for a bypass pipe (so long as there not over priced) please.
Chris

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris P - 03 Nov 2013

Are you still OK for tomorrow Mark?

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - dannyj75 - 04 Nov 2013

I'll put my hat in the ring for one as well, I'm sure it will be in my budget.
Does any one have an idea of how much this improves BHP or MPG?
Is it bolt in and go or does it need any tuning?

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Chris P - 04 Nov 2013

I don't have any concrete figures, but when the DeLorean engineers started developing the Euro-Spec cars, it was one of the first mods they did, along with tweaking the ignition timing and fuel system's. Even some American do it, by fitting a "trial pipe" as they call it!

There has been a delay in getting the first one done at Nottingham. More news as I get it. Their next "lift opportunity" would be in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Re: CAT Bypass Pipe - Rich Hanlon - 05 Nov 2013

Having had one of these fitted for a while I think I found a marginal increase in the amount of 'go' available but I'm afraid I didn't notice much immprovement in MPG. My car has always been a thirsty one though and struggles to top 23mpg. Shock

Mine was one of John Tien's one he had made up though, think it's been on about 7/ 8 years.

I did have to trim the end of the tube a bit though, as it passes through the square flange as there was a bit too much protruding to be able to bolt it up square.