The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: winter off the road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
well i have had hana for about 3 or 4 months now and i am wondering when pepole start thinking about taking there d's off the road for all them winter repairs.
As this is my first winter with her im just not quite sure if its like a unwritten law that when the last meet of the year is over (nec)??that is when people start to think of doing it,or dose every one leave them on the road for over the winter just in case we have a few nice days.????????

Cheers all

Tyson and (hana 5284)
last year, we had Flopsy and Sorbet on the road all over the winter as they were still taxed. Ok, so we didnt take them out as much, but last year, for new years eve, it was fancy dress at the local pub, so we dressed up as Doc and Marty and took the D's up the road Big Grin

Only had one drink, then took the cars home, tucked them up in the garage, got changed back into civvies, then walked the 100yds back to the pub to do some serious celebrating Big Grin

In February, we took them down to Brum to meet up with Phil Peters and Dan Howarth for the filming of a video for Lazy J (Phil Peter's band).

I probably will SORN Flopsy at the end of November tho when the tax runs out, as I've got a few jobs to do (mind, I said that last year!), like sorting out the chassis and the interior. I'll be re-taxing her asap tho afterwards!
i`m taking marty of the road at the end of november, then he`ll be going back on in may . :wink:
Hey Tyson,

No reason they have to be taken off the road - but as a rule, people tend to take them off the road before the roads start getting gritted - as that stuff doesn't help the steel chassis!
The other risk of course is the increased likelihood of someone else banging into your car as visibility is reduced - gets dark earlier, etc...

Thanks

Darren
my car has been on the road permanant since sep 2005 its only the fact i have a few problems with my turbo that i have taken it off the road. As soon as its done i will t&t again, you do get the odd day where it my be cold but dry, plus the car scene down my end is pretty much all year round.
TT
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hey Tyson,
The other risk of course is the increased likelihood of someone else banging into your car as visibility is reduced - gets dark earlier, etc...
Thanks
Darren
ayup Darren, now we both know that it doesnt have to be dark for someone to smack into a DeLorean Cry