The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Radio 2 tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

being as I'm using Flopsy for work this week (well, until tomorrow night anyway), I couldnt resist phoning in for 'Womans Minute' on tonights Chris Evans show Smile (used to be a quiz, but since the beeb stopped doing them Chris Evans now spends a minute talking to women about their cars).

The production team were very enthusiastic when I told them what a DeLorean is and said that if my name got picked out then they would ring me back and I'd be on air - so, having battled through Derby's traffic, I pulled over in a side street in Allestree and a few minutes later I got a call back to say I'd be first on air! Shock I was nervous as hell in the lead up to speaking to Chris Evans, but I think I got through it ok!!

Phill said that after I'd been on air, Chris Evans said that the DeLorean was the best car he'd had on so far (and thats after a woman called in last night with a Pontiac :wink: )

I'm just waiting for the 'listen again' feature for tonights show to come online so that I can hear it....... :?

Teee hee....... some things just have to be done!! :lol:
yeah he may invite you on ther show, but dont forget your tooth brush :lol: TT
lol, now that was a top programme - that and TFI Friday Big Grin
thats cool, how far into the show was it?
about 35-40 mins into the show I think

played it back a little while ago, because you cant have your radio on when you're on air (prob due to feedback), so I didnt hear what he said after I'd been on, but I have since emailed the show to correct him about JZD being 'in the clink somewhere' :wink:
I was just pulling up at Birmingham airport in VIN# 4400 tonight when I heard Claire on the radio, so I turned my Craig radio volume up and enjoyed what was quite a surreal moment really! Big Grin
lol, thanks Phil.

Glad that #4400 has found a good home - so, you gonna reveal what her replacement is then? :wink:
I will, soon enough mate. It just doesn't feel like it's 'mine' to talk about yet until I've brought it home to Wolverhampton, which should be in a couple of weeks.

I've been after this particular car since I first saw it 15 years ago, so after all these years I'm happy to wait another few weeks Big Grin Big Grin
fair enoughski mate - hah, when you get to my age you cant remember what you walked into a room for 15 minutes earlier, let alone something you've wanted for 15 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with everything Smile
Cheers Claire Big Grin

By the way, are we still having a Midlands p1ss-up / meet-up soon? RichH and I were discussing it at EuroTec but I don't know if a date was ever decided on? I've had to miss a couple of events this year so it'd be great to have another get together while the weather is half decent.
well funnily enough we were talking to Tom and Sally on Sunday, and I think a tech sesh and pi$$ up in Yorkshire could well be in order, just need to sort out when. I'll be out of action for a bit, and there's a big Vauxhall meet in Cheshire at the end of the month, so for us it will probably be October at the earliest :? - unless we can do something on a Saturday instead?
October would probably be good to be honest, as the rest of this month is going to be fairly busy for me too. Keep me posted!
ok, will do matey Smile

Actually, I met up with an old friend at Donington, PRV Guru and all roung 'good egg' Darren Bowker. We've been nattering on email and he's currently working on the 'ultimate PRV' (waiting for further details Smile ) and is keen to come along to some DeLorean meets. He might even join this forum, as his knowledge of the PRV engine is extensive to say the least.