The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Delorean unseen crash test pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Afternoon all.

Went and visited Nick yesterday, the guy that re-did the interior on Maddie and he showed me some pics of a crash tested Delorean from back when the underbody was being prototyped at Lotus.

I've never seen these pics anywhere on the net before so I thought I'd post them here.

[Image: deloreancrash1.jpg]

[Image: deloreancrash2.jpg]
cool pics there Stu!! I bed Dan will be dribbling over the Esprits (or are they Eclats?) in the background :wink:
Claire Usher Wrote:I bed Dan will be dribbling :wink:

No No this is a family show .... :lol:
Claire Usher Wrote:cool pics there Stu!! I bed Dan will be dribbling over the Esprits (or are they Eclats?) in the background :wink:

Oh yes, There Esprits Smile

Dan
Wicked pics mate! He's got the same Dell 2005FPW screen as I have, nice bit of information for you there haha! - Actually, thats a lie, I think that screen is newer than mine, he has a few less buttons... ahem, anyway! :lol:
looks like my car when i picked it up from the port :lol: TT
I'm sure there's not just me wonderin', but what the 'ell is a Dell 2005FPW
Bandit Wrote:I'm sure there's not just me wonderin', but what the 'ell is a Dell 2005FPW

Its just a type of computer screen mate, flatscreen. Sorry if I was being confusing haha!
ChrisS Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:I bed Dan will be dribbling :wink:

No No this is a family show .... :lol:

I keep dribbling...........is this wrong???
you snore i know that much jay TT :wink:
Following Stuart's earlier pictures - here's a recent picture of the pilot rear wheel - as seen in the pictures....courtesy of another UK DOC member...

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... Wheel.html

Tyson - if you find the other wheel - they're going on Pilot 20!

Darren
Sorry Darren only one wheel per customer

bozzzydmc

So were these wheels actually fitted to Lotus cars back then or just a wheel they happened to use for testing ?
Not sure Mike Darren prob would know the answer to that one as he owns the front one i had only just come across the rear one in a load of old alloys round the side of the fatherinlaws garage..
I believe they were just wheels used for testing - as they were the right dimensions - I certainly don't recognise them as anything from Lotus.

A few people have emailed to say they look like Renault wheels - but I'm not sure - the wheel sizes are pretty unusual.

at some point during the pilot cars - the final DeLorean rims were ready - and they started usng those - as we have a wheel from a more upto date pilot - and it's the same as stock.

That's one of the great things about DeLoreans - the 'history' is still within reach - so things like this pop up all the time - and there's no shortage of people who were directly involved that can share their stories.

Darren
Pages: 1 2