The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Another eBay D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this car?

It seems very good but slightly on the dear side for me at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELOREAN-DMC12-Si ... dZViewItem
i think thats about the right money if its mint TT
I'm sure you're right.

Obviously to a potential buyer it's just a shame when they're up for that sort of money as that is very much out of my means.

Guess I'll keep looking.
This is Jason Finn's car, it is supposedly one of the best in the country and has been for sale on the club website and in the mag for a while now I think.

I guess you gets what you pay for. You could buy a tidy-ish car for over 2/3rds the price of that one, then spend more in total then the £19k this one is up for getting it to the same standard.
No mention of Duty or registration being done ?
Absolutely EVERYTHING I want in a D, but for me there's an incredible lack of 19k Sad
if i were you jonny i would have a word with Darren and Chris when you get the funds, they will guide you in the right direction, i personally would import one Smile TT
Jonny Jones Wrote:Absolutely EVERYTHING I want in a D, but for me there's an incredible lack of 19k Sad

I too am suffering from an unavoidable lack of 19 grand, so I sympathise.

I didn't think importing them was a viable option anymore. Didn't Phil Wright's Sorbet just get in before some sort of legislation changed or something?

I'm sure I recall reading something in the club mag about something like the BTI.
thats why you need to talk to Darren at pj, there is a way round it now as it is classed as a re-import TT
Tourettes Tony Wrote:thats why you need to talk to Darren at pj, there is a way round it now as it is classed as a re-import TT

Ah. I really had no idea about that, so it's worth knowing.

I don't think I'll be in a position to do anything about it this year but I'm hoping to be able to start looking seriously at getting a D sometime next year.

Obviously importing one is something I hadn't considered for the reason I mentioned, but if there's a loop-hole that can be exploited then I'll have to look into it.

Thanks for the advice.
Tourettes Tony Wrote:if i were you jonny i would have a word with Darren and Chris when you get the funds, they will guide you in the right direction, i personally would import one Smile TT

Definitely the way im going to go about doing it mate Big Grin There's no way I want to get a loan so its most likely going to be at least two years before im in a position to get a D.