The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: found a importing a delorean help site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It may well be old news but ive just stumbled across this from the ireland d owners club forum...

http://www.mydmc.co.uk/importing/index.html
I saw this a while back.

It's largely stil valid - apart from the 10% duty payable - but I disagree with the idea of driving the car home from the docks.

Despite what DVLA or even the police may say - ultimately, it's down to your insurers whether they will payout in the event of you crashing your car and causing damage to someone else.
Without an MOT - I wouldn't fancy my chances winning this fight. Unless you have trade plates and road risks insurance - I wouldn't take the chance.

Darren

bozzzydmc

I agree Darren, also I feel it is best to get the car 'checked over' before risking the journey home, which for many will be a long way and a first in a LHD car. Good web page all the same !
yea deffo, its not the way ill get one anyway, i will be going through pj grady because its alot more secure and it gets fully checked over etc
Yep agreed... I have been tempted to buy off ebay in the past but thought better of it... Going to buy through PJ Grady as soon as I can :-)
Thats a great website! Beautifully put together!

bozzzydmc

I believe this site belongs to club member Simon Prince.