The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DMC overalls :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone

Bought a set of the factory overalls off ebay the other day, came today. I thought theyed be way to big but theyre perfect! Out of interest how many of these are still knocking about? Its the first ive seen of them for sale.

Cheers
Well, this is the second pair I've seen on Ebay. The last pair were on about April/May last year (or this is the same pair re-sold).

I bid on that pair last year, but didn't win them.

I saw this auction and intended to bid again, but alas it's no good when you remember about the auction 3 days after it's ended.

glad they fit well. Were they the ones with the stains on the knees fromdirty hands being rubbed? Wonder which part of the production line they were used on :?: Big Grin

Well Done.
Just oil marks on the front, a couple of tiny tears but all in all theryre pretty good. The have 'R Doherty' wrote in the back, maybe it wuld be possible to trace exactly where they were worn using the name? Ive noticed from some photographs that there are supervisors wearing white coats with the logo on. Bet theyre worth a bit more.
ask neal if he knows R Doherty
Barson Wrote:ask neal if he knows R Doherty

The name does not ring a bell. Is that the name on the overralls?

I was told last year that a pair sold on e bay for £500.

bozzzydmc

£500 !!

So have you got a couple of dozen pairs hanging around Neal ? ! Smile
bozzzydmc Wrote:£500 !!

So have you got a couple of dozen pairs hanging around Neal ? ! Smile

One, but they are not in good nick, as I wore them for a while after working at Delorean. Sad

But I would never sell them. Smile

bozzzydmc

yeh but £500 is a lot of money Wink

funny how much people pay for things really . Take the DMC gold 'Cartier' pen that the club owns.. im wondering now how much that really should be insured for .....
Well the pair I lost out on went for about 350 or so. (from what I remember...)
bozzzydmc Wrote:Take the DMC gold 'Cartier' pen that the club owns.. im wondering now how much that really should be insured for .....
that really needs to be examined by somebody like Sotherby's.

I remember going to their big place in London once with my mum as she had some antique jewellery that she needed valuing for insurance purposes.

bozzzydmc

Yes i agree... i will do this asap ... my house insurance only covers up to £2k per item (it is listed as a separate item to them )

NickT

I have a feeling it will be worth more than that!

Still, it's a nice piece of memorabilia for the club.

NickT
Interesting note, just spoke to the 'master of puppets'- Dave Howarth (just made that name up, probably case im listening to that song Tongue)
who tells me aparently the overalls were only rented to DMC, thus anyone who has a piar has stolen goods on their hands! haha, I doubt they could have done much else with them after DMC stamped their logo on them anyways Tongue
That's right, Also everyone had two pair, you handed them in to get cleaned and you got the other one back, I think this was done on a Friday.

The DMC symbol was sewing on, it could easily be taken off and the overalls used by a other company. If that's what happen.

So What you saying, is that you bought stolen goods :lol:
Hah, indeed. Ijust thought surly it would be more practical to just buy them. But i guess funds wernt so plentiful.
Pages: 1 2