The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Police Camera Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was stopped by the police on Sunday in London, they had been following for a while and finally got me in a quiet side street. They played the good cop bad cop, one was really enthusiastic, the other was going on that I had a brake light out. I have 4 brake lights and had three working, so both sides were lit.... he also complained that the BTTF kit covers a portion of the lights, which it does, but not by much.

Anyway, I think the bad cop was going to give me a producer to get the car inspected by an MOT station as he was not impressed at all. He asked how I managed to get it Mot'd, by which I said they had no issues (which they did not).

It was also at that point (after getting a bit peeved by now) that I mentioned that we'd just come back from filming for the day with the Cambridge traffic police for the next series of Police Camera Action. I also menitoned that the road traffic cops loved it and had no concerns with the car (after inspecting it). I also said that i would have to call them to scrub the use of the car if they felt it was unroadworthy with the kit as its obviously on a program devoted to making the streets safer... :?

Well........the good cop found it funny. Tongue

I'll keep ya posted on when its being aired, but it looks like fun, they had Alistair Stewart driving it around talking in it, and then he disappears off down a runway before it disappears off into the future leaving fire trails behind...... I would pop a photo on the forum but I can't get it to work!!! how do you do it?

NickT

What a top comeback to a typical bored traffic plod !

Nice one.

NickT.
Hi Chris,

See this on how to post your images:-
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=538
I got pulled over by the police after only owning the car for 1 hour.

I have just picked it up and I was driving from Essex into London, I had brought a friend with me to help navigate but she was from New York. While she was used to left hand drive cars she as not used to driving on the left and while I was used the driving in the left I was not used to left hand drive cars. Together we were less the sum of our parts and the drive home was confusing and nerve-racking to say the least.
We had got as far as Rotherhithe and were on the home straight. I was still getting used of the car and the left hand drive when we came to a set of lights. A police car was behind me in the queue, right behind me. Anyway I stalled the engine as the lights turned green and couldn't get it going again till after they had turned red again . I was very flustered and when the lights did turn green I bounced a wheel of the curb and headed on my way.
The police seeing me stall the car, fail to start the car and then bounce of the curb pulled me over so make sure I wasn’t drinking.

I wasn't of course and he realised that immediately. They were actually very nice and were very interested in the car.

Richard H