The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: NickT - Notice of Resignation of Forum Administrator.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NickT

To All,

Although not an official role, I am giving ample notice that I will be resigning from Administering this forum.

I am glad that this new style of forum has been welcomed by the club members and has so far been reliable and stable since the last domain transfer. I have put any relevant security updates on to the date of this post.

From now until the AGM, I shall only be performing weekly backups of the databse (, although of course I will perform disaster recovery of the forum if required until then). I already have implemented web based forum backups/ restoration procedures on both the FTP and MySQL databases. I shall pass this information along with all security usernames/ passwords/ hosting access on to the next person who I shall immediately promote to Admin status.

Although I am resigning from this role, I shall still continue to help people with any technical related issues related to the DeLorean car.

If anyone expresses an interest in the position of the Forum Administrator/ moderator then please contact the club secretary.

Regards,

NickT.
Thats a shame, Id just like to say thanks for all your hard work in keeping this forum maintained, i know it can be a chore at times but we all appreciate it.

Mike.
I think it just goes to show that life outside of the DOC gets pretty hecktic all the time! Thanks so much for all your efforts (and of course continued efforts!) Nick! Was ace seeing you again at Eurotec, look forward to saying hi at the NEC. Cheers mate!
Yes a other job well done!
Thanks for doing a brilliant job on the forum Nick!! Big Grin 8) Its greatly appreciated!!

Rach
xxxxx
nik

same as what i said about mike you both have done well for the club in the last year thans for all the advise with herman know ( clives preist )
i hope there is someone in the club who is a technical as you on this forum website beacuse i know could not evan get in a first

sam & glen
good luck mate ,well done for all the hard work see you at the nec
Hi Nick,

As with Mike, I have to say you've done a cracking job with the forum and all the other hard work that goes on behind the scenes.

It doesn't go unnoticed and is really appreciated matey. Big Grin

Cheers

Best regards

Carl

Best wishes,
Sorry to hear that Nick, you have done a great job, and I am sure all in th club greatly appreciate it. I just wish I had the tecnical know how to do half the things on these damm computers!

Chris
Sorry to hear that nick, you can now enjoy more time to yourself and carry on blinging the de.

Cheers mate, all the best.

Ps have you stopped steaming yet???? Big Grin
hi nick, i dont really understand what you did cos im a bit fik with computers but whatever it was well done, oh and as for steaming i still have the proof on my mobile :lol: :lol: TT

bozzzydmc

Hi All

If anyone wants to put their name forward to look after this side of the Club please come forward.

We have one person who has expressed an interest to date.
I'd be happy to give it a go, I run a couple of PHP boards in other places, so the chances of this one crashing down in flames when in my hands is somewhat reduced.
Hi Nick,

Put my name if no one else wants it. I run a few phpBB boards in my day job.

Dan