The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: WINDOWS VISTA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HI ALL

this is the time to show my down sides me & sam have just uploaded to vista with a new big tower but we are having problems with thee new office 2007 any out there have this software can you help please phone
Cry
01922 442836
Cry
having problems converting word doc into e mails by sending tem like you was able to in the old word ??? Cry
everyone I've spoken to about Vista says its a pile of c**p and dont get it. Leave it a year or so for them to get rid of the teething troubles, then install it. Also, loads of common software hasnt caught up with Vista yet so doesnt work with it.

Can you uninstall it and put XP-Pro on? (haha, I can hear all the MAC users tittering away right now..... :wink: )
yea ive used vista and i went back to xp, its good for awhile, but i ripped all the software that drained system memory out of it, but it still ended up giving major slowdown after months of use.

But its still good to use if you cannot downgrade. Also sorry i havnt used the office software, but there must be something there if it had it on the previous xp versions. Just remember that email stuff is stored diffrently in vista than it is on xp so it may be a case of looking through some options. If its just the text you want copying over then you could always try using copy and paste maybe?
hi

thanks for that but the computer has come with vista on it so i try and get on with it but let see what happens yes i can agree with claire and you mike but i don,t have a choice as we know gone a brought the new office software know so i might need help but i try what you said
is it the old file > send to > mail recipeint that you used in the old ms word? which basicly is a quick way of sending it via email rather than booting up outlook express?
Did someone say Macintosh Big Grin
Yeah, if you peal the Microsoft sticker off the back you will what looks like "MAC OSX TIGER" printed on the box.

Live the dream, use a MAC.
I used Vista in beta and it was great then, I doubt they've made it any worse since. The only real problem was lack of driver support from hardware manufacturers, especially nVidia. A lot of companies also like to not bother updating their drivers to force you to buy new hardware. DirectX 10 is fantastic (for developers at least), as are the new high quality audio and faster TCP systems.

(You can tell Macs are terrible just by watching those annoying TV adverts. The PC guy may be rather boring but at least he's not a git. You see, a Mac is a lot like a Saab...)
Rottbott Wrote:You see, a Mac is a lot like a Saab...)

Shock what, like a re-badged Vauxhall Vectra you mean? :wink:
I had been a PC user with Windows for years (I even used to work for a software company) up to about 4 years ago when I switched to a Mac. Since then it has never crashed (blue screen of death) , froze-up or got a Virus. It works with anything and has never needed to download a driver for any electrical item I have plugged into it.

With iDVD I can create a professional home movie with titles and chapters in about 20 minutes, with iWeb I can make a website with movies, podcasts and photos in about half that time. It does everything I need it to do and if I need to make a complex chart of sales figures for last months inventory of nuts then I use Microsoft office for Mac.

I suppose its each to his own with a Mac or a PC but I really cant stand PC's now, I am using one to type this in work and christ windows XP is dull.

Here is the website I made yesterday www.deloreanpodcasts.com
Im with Alistair on this.

I have used everything in the past. Windows, Sun Solaris, Unix, X windows, DEC, OS2 Warp, DOS etc and Mac OS X is my weapon of choice.

It has the power of Unix underneath but the Ease of Mac OS.

In the past Mac OS was bad, but from OS X it is fantastic. If I need to run Windows or Linux I can use Parallels to run it at full speed. Open Standards and infinite configurability is fantastic.

Dan (Now off of his soap box)
Pilot25dmc Wrote:I had been a PC user with Windows for years (I even used to work for a software company) up to about 4 years ago when I switched to a Mac. Since then it has never crashed (blue screen of death) , froze-up or got a Virus. It works with anything and has never needed to download a driver for any electrical item I have plugged into it.
I've never had a virus, ever, even on Windows 95 (admittedly a terrible OS by modern standards). Not had a single BSOD or other crash since XP came out either.

As for XP being dull, that I can't deny, it is dull! Another reason I like it -- the OS isn't meant to be exciting.

Unix driver support is many times worse even than Vista, or at least it was last I used it a year or two ago. Perhaps it's improved since then.

And don't even get me started on OpenGL!
Open GL !!!!

There are Developer Tools for OS X that contain API's that allow Windows Developers to directly use Direct X Code on the Mac.

Dan

NickT

GEEKS ALERT !!!!!!!!

For an instant cure, drink Beer and have a social life..........

NickT

(ok, I need beer now!)
NickT Wrote:GEEKS ALERT !!!!!!!!

For an instant cure, drink Beer and have a social life..........

NickT

(ok, I need beer now!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll drink to that mate!!! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2