The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Moles...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, very OT I know - but this is the OT section afterall! :wink:

Before I do a Jasper Carrott with a 12 bore in the back garden, has anyone got any really good tips for getting rid of Moles? (could be one for you techies out there to get inventive)

I've got one which is working its way across the back garden, and I've shovelled up 7 huge molehills tonight :evil:

I wouldnt mind, but 15 feet away is the hedge which seperates us from the farmer's field!

The only 'humane' suggestion I've had sofar is half burying bottles in the ground as apparantly moles dont like the noise of the wind blowing across them :?

Any suggestions before I start blowing the little b***ard up? :lol:
If they are still in the holes can't you smoke them out? You can get those smoke bombs and pop them down the holes. Could always pop an adder down there.......... :twisted:

There is an alternative.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmTlpBqSj1w
you have to watch it til the end!!!
:wink:
hahaha, well I think 'Buster the Traction Engine' might be a bit overkill for our moley problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now......where's that 12 bore............ :wink:
I think you can get a ultrasonic device from a garden centre which you stick down one of the mole holes. Once switched on it supposedly scares them off due to the very high frequency sound.
yeah, did some research on those, but they dont work from what I've found out.

I also had one of those high frequency "cat scarers" when I lived in Belper as there were baby blackbirds in the garden plus a rather healthy population of local moggies - I looked out the window one day and saw a cat right in front of the "scarer" giving it a good sniff looking anything but scared! What a waste of money! :evil:

Anway, moley's been at it again over night, so I might give bottle burying a try.......... :?
Claire Usher Wrote:...I might give bottle burying a try.......... :?

yes but you have to work out how to....obtain some empty bottles first. I recommend the glass type...yo ho

alternatively.....you could always leave the bottles full but opened, so the moles find them in the night, get...cataleptic...then you can just pick em up a throw them in the garden of the last person who wronged you..the swine!
hahaha :lol: :lol: luckilly, we've been forgetting to put the recycling out lately, so there is quite a stash of bottles in the utility room already Smile

Anyway, I'm not wasting good vodka on those pesky little critters! Shock
apparently staffordshire bull terriers are a good deterant, only trouble is they kill everything else :lol: TT
stay up all night in the garden, as soon as it pops its head up grab it and toss it over the hedge Big Grin
we had moles so andy dug the top off the hole and poured some petrol down it covered the hole back up, this don`t kill them but they seem to bugger off some where else, like next door , it worked a treat
some great ideas there!!! and better then Phills suggestion just now.....

"put some peas around the hole, then when he comes out for a 'pee' smack it on the head with a shovel" :roll:

I think I might be smacking him over the head with a shovel after that one.... :lol:

I like the petrol idea Tracey Smile saves digging wine bottles into the ground! Big Grin