The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: crazy delorean prices?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
well just looking over ebay, i think some people just aint using there head when it comes to putting a price on the delorean their selling..

http://motors.search.ebay.com/delorean_ ... samcmZ6001

i want em cheaper so i can afford oneTongue
yeah, nuts.

is it the light or is there a huge divot in the rear quarter panel behind the driver's door?

hmm.
i think that the trouble is, there is a shortage of cheap cars unless your in the know, but prices have risen sharply lately for some reason, i think theres a bit of an 80's revival on OMD,the police,Genesis re-grouping plus a few more, sorry mike but its all us mid life crisis males fault :lol: :lol: TT
Tourettes Tony Wrote:sorry mike but its all us mid life crisis males fault :lol: :lol: TT

Haha oh cheers Tony! Now we'll never own D's! Tongue :lol:
hmmm..........well #6617 has definately got a dent behind the driver's door which is more obvious as you look at all the photos, but interestingly, it has got a clock - Sorbet is #6772, also Nov 81, and that hasnt got a clock :? I wonder when they stopped putting the clocks in? Neal?

the 'custom' one..........hideous.........

but #7034 (HERB 81 plate) doesnt look all that bad for the equivalent of about £6500 (plus shipping and taxes). When buying something like that, you can do what I did, and buy a load of parts that you need, send them to the seller, for them to put in the car for when its shipped back to the UK Big Grin
Hey Mike. They are a bit pricey aint they mate? I think the main thing is to get one, like Claire said, dont worry too much about condition to start with. Buy the best you can afford, then do it up bit by bit. Even the most mintest examples must have something wrong with them. Car's on our forecourt are just a few years old, and can require thousands spent on them for trivial things to get them to a sellable standard. It will all fall into place soon. Keep chucking the pennies in, it took me from the 28th September 2005 to the 2nd December 2006 to save for #16327 start to finish. Another 3k spent since then, and loads to do. You'll get there!
Ben
Mr P
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Car's on our forecourt are just a few years old, and can require thousands spent on them for trivial things to get them to a sellable standard.

Tell me about it, we sell 'pre-owned' Mercedes at my place, but the customer's seem to forget that they are used cars and expect a car in brand new condition for trade money... :roll: Plus the Service Department see a car from the Sales Department and think "Kerching!, now how much can we get out of Car Sales on this one?!" I've lost track of the number of times they've tried to get pads and discs all round on a sales car that has done under 15,000 miles..... on an ML you're talking a grand for that lot, and over £1500 if they decide that it wants 4 tyres too!

bozzzydmc

Forget the prices...im more concerned about this one Sad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-Del ... dZViewItem
yes Mike that is ROUGH! why do it. TT
I don't think the prices of 'road ready' UK DeLoreans has changed that much at all over the last 5 years. The price has always seemed to stick around the £15k-16k mark, with a few exceptions where a real high quality car has sold for more - or cars in lesser condition (or desperate sellers) have sold for less.

I don't think there's ever been a better time to buy a car on US import than now - given the dollar-sterling exchange, and the lack of duty tax to pay on import.

The same health warning applies though - buy cheap - expect to pour lots of time, money, blood and tears into the car before it starts paying yoiu back. If you really want a DeLorean you can start enjoying straight within a couple of months - expect to pay at least £10-12k....and a bit more as and when things start to let go!

Darren
£10-£12k sounds better, but I think personally id rather save and get a £16k car, simply so I can start enjoying it right away! Big Grin
yea im aiming for a 16k car, oh well, should be 5k richer next paydayBig Grin
MikeH Wrote:should be 5k richer next paydayBig Grin

beers are on you then in Norfolk!! Big Grin
oh shucks, payday is a week after norfolk, lol Doesnt that always happenTongue

9 days left
Jonny Jones Wrote:£10-£12k sounds better, but I think personally id rather save and get a £16k car, simply so I can start enjoying it right away! Big Grin

dont be a girl :lol: suffer the same pain as what i did when i got mine Big Grin luv TT
Pages: 1 2 3