The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: NEC Classic Car Show 2022, 2022 AGM Notification.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12 Oct 2022, 20:22)Chris Williams Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:did you get my reply Chris? not sure it got sent as i was on a cruise.
I didn't no, Is that a yes?

thought so but yeah im still down for it  Big Grin
(12 Oct 2022, 19:30)Rich Hanlon Wrote: [ -> ]I should be able to Claire, yes, no problem. Think Chris might be another option too if you're likely to see him before then?

Not sure tbh.  The calendars are being printed now, so I should get them next week all being well.

I'll keep in touch, and arrange to drop them round to you before the show.
PARKING FOR VISITORS:

Always a contentious issue for the NEC as they don't charge parking for a lot of events but charge for one of the largest the Classic Car Show Confused Anyway it's not much but you can pre-pay for your parking via this link: https://www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/parking-at-the-nec/ and it brings the price down to £12 rather than £16 per day. Not much but may help some visitors out.
with costs going up so much, it'll be interesting to see how busy it is this year. It certainly
seemed less busy last year, but maybe that's because we were stuffed out of the way and not
in such a prominent position.
Quote:It certainly

seemed less busy last year, 
It did seem very hit and miss, either rammed or very quiet. But it was a record attendance (again) despite cost/covid/etc etc it does seem to get more popular.
Well done everyone for another fantastic event at the NEC.
Thanks to Hubert, Steve, William and Richard for displaying their cars, Hubert's
105 mile car is an absolute timewarp.
Yesterday definitely seemed busier then the same day last year, and my girls were
busy helping (I think) with selling regalia and merchandise.
Great to catch up with friends old and new, and great to see David Abraham again
who came all the way from Northern Ireland.
Hope everyone got home okay, and roll on next year - photos are on the DOC-UK
Facebook page.
Sorry I couldn't make it....family health problems.
Hope all is well Chris, take care.
hope everything is okay Chris, I've got your calendar here so will pop it in the post to you tomorrow.
Yes, just to echo Claire's comments above. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped out in many ways from exhibiting cars/setting up and taking down the stand/helping out over the weekend/the list goes on. Don't know the attendance figures as yet, but seemed much busier on the Friday compared to normal.
If any one would like to volunteer for next year or put it in the calendar now then I would love to hear from you. Really would love a BTTF car as we haven't had one for a few years, a chassis goes down well and anything in between really!
Chris
(14 Nov 2022, 16:43)Guinney1971 Wrote: [ -> ]hope everything is okay Chris, I've got your calendar here so will pop it in the post to you tomorrow.

I can always pop to collect Claire..and pay you...it would be nice to get out the house for a short while. 

The Mrs is recovering from an operation...all on track ok now.
(14 Nov 2022, 18:30)Chris P Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 Nov 2022, 16:43)Guinney1971 Wrote: [ -> ]hope everything is okay Chris, I've got your calendar here so will pop it in the post to you tomorrow.

I can always pop to collect Claire..and pay you...it would be nice to get out the house for a short while. 

The Mrs is recovering from an operation...all on track ok now.

Ah, give her our best wishes, and yes you can pop over any time, we are usually about (bar school run times).

Just to echo Chris W's comments, a BTTF car would be amazing, they always draw the crowds, and also
some DeLorean historical artefacts/memorabilia would be good if they could be securely displayed - I know
Hubert said he could bring some of his collection next time if wanted.

I can't make any promises about when Flopsy will finally hit the road again, I doubt it would be in time for
next year, but when she's done, I'd love to volunteer her for the stand with her V8 conversion. There was
also some good ideas put forward for future NEC displays, including raising one or more cars up to show the
underside, etc. Its a shame we don't have the carpet and railings any more, but I know that was always a
massive expense and a pain to build/take down and transport.

Oh another thing Chris W, Kez and Gwen see themselves and fully fledged DOC-UK stallholders now and asked
if they could have their own Club name badges now lol (I need a new one, as mine is still in my maiden name).
(14 Nov 2022, 17:47)Chris Williams Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, just to echo Claire's comments above. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped out in many ways from exhibiting cars/setting up and taking down the stand/helping out over the weekend/the list goes on. Don't know the attendance figures as yet, but seemed much busier on the Friday compared to normal.
If any one would like to volunteer for next year or put it in the calendar now then I would love to hear from you. Really would love a BTTF car as we haven't had one for a few years, a chassis goes down well and anything in between really!
Chris

im definitely up for it again next year so is 5222 (who got treated to a McDonalds and Tesco run once we got home), and to relay Claire and Hubert's idea of a car raised or mirrors underneath would be an amazing way to show the underside if a frame isn't available.

next time i need to get some bars for my doors though  Tongue
Yes I've been thinking about that too, you see lots with mirrors. Some use mirror tiles for ease of transport and assembly. I was gutted when the 2020 show was cancelled as my frame off job was fully assembled and rolling by then and was minty!

Barriers etc have been discussed!
I've also been thinking about glass display cabinets. I'll keep my eyes peeled and I'm happy to collect and store something until next time. Do we have a budget or am I looking for freebies only? Also, what sort of size?
Pages: 1 2 3 4