The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: PRV Engine needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

Project VIN 7128 coming along well apart from the fact I may need a new engine.....

If anybody is selling an engine or even block then please get in touch. 

Many thanks
(25 Jan 2022, 12:20)carsandbikes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

Project VIN 7128 coming along well apart from the fact I may need a new engine.....

Many thanks

Hi - I've seen a couple on ebay lately - they appear to be from some form of Renault but they are PRVs..!  Worth a look?
(25 Jan 2022, 12:20)carsandbikes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

Many thanks

I am having a garage clear out......I have two spare DeLorean engines,

Well to be exact, 2 PRV engines. One ex Frenchy, which had low compression on one or two cylinders, it had been turbo-charged in the early 80's, then laid up until I bought the car 20 years ago. Luckily Dave Howarth supplied me with a brand new ex Wooller-hodeck engine
Secondly and supposedly running, a Peugeot engine that I bought direct from the scrapyard, again about 20 years ago.

Both have been properly dry stored and had numerous bits nicked off them over the years. But I'd say that you have the ability to make one good engine out of the two. 

I also have a brand new Torque converter that was on the Wooler engine.

They must be collected from DE22 2HG and I can drop them into a trailer or pick-up bed.

please contact me via email..... historian@deloreans.co.uk ......or phone. I'm looking for offers over a grand.

If no -one is interested, I'll put them on eBay.

I'll try and get some photo's later today.
I've got #2292's old engine, but it suffered block rot, so will need repairing, and I'm not certain
yet whether we'd want to hang onto it to donate any bits to #6772 in the future.

At the least I'd say it needs a full strip down and over haul, but if you've got another engine
to work with, you might be able to make one good one out of the two. I'll speak to Phill and
see if he wants to sell the engine first.
Well there is no block Rot on my spare delorean engine......it didn't have water in it long enough! Neither has it con-rod hanging out of its side. My guess is just a burnt out valve or similar.
(15 Mar 2023, 13:11)Guinney1971 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got #2292's old engine, but it suffered block rot, so will need repairing, and I'm not certain
yet whether we'd want to hang onto it to donate any bits to #6772 in the future.

At the least I'd say it needs a full strip down and over haul, but if you've got another engine
to work with, you might be able to make one good one out of the two.  I'll speak to Phill and
see if he wants to sell the engine first.

Having chatted to Phill, we'd sell the remains of my engine, but would want to keep the ancilliaries
like CPR as spares for his car.

The heads on mine were new in 2003, they came from PRV guru Darren Bowker, and in 2006
the car had a Stage 1 upgrade by Martin Gutkowski, and a new oil pump.  It was basically running
as a Volvo 760 without the catalyst, with power around 160hp.

As I said, its got block rot in the Valley of Death, but if the rest of it is any good to you, then happy
to talk.  Its not seized, and does still turn over, so I know the crank, pistons, etc are all good.

We've got a van, so could possibly deliver for cost of fuel depending on where you are.