The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Delorean Vat and Duty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to find a way to check if Vat and Duty is paid on an imported Delorean ,
The car has nor been registered

Thansk
I might be wrong but I don't think a shipper will release the car unless this is paid. When I imported I HAD to pay up front before collecting in Southampton.
That was the case for me ~4 months ago.
Same as myself. I have somebody purchasing the car looking for customs clearance
Was the car imported by yourself?

What paperwork came with the car?
There must be something from the shipper, you'll need to contact them.
pm me - I have the name of the document slip you require to show that all duties are paid - this is the only document you will need to register it - oh and a UK MOT of course! It's at home in my folder.
(09 Oct 2018, 09:22)Stuart Rees Wrote: [ -> ]Was the car imported by yourself?

What paperwork came with the car?
There must be something from the shipper, you'll need to contact them.

Yes.
I got an Invoice from the Vendor as they paid the Vat for me,
The form I have is a C & E 389 when the car was imported in 1995.
Due to the Inland Revenue and Customs merging I would imagine that it's called something else now?
your NOVA certificate will tell that HMRC are happy with duty and VAT paid.

to register you need :
- NOVA
- MOT
- old car registration document or letter from registered club that will confirm what car your car is
- cheque (not sure how much $$ is for car as I did motorcycle last time).
- photos of your car (I had to provide photos of my bike, showing VIN, but I had no documents for it. maybe if you have old registration document from USA, you don't need to)
- some filled forms from DVLA
I did all this last week. My car's title of ownership had gotten 'lost' & I didn't have any NOVA paperwork. Rang NOVA & gave them the VIN and the guy said "You're in luck. The car's on the system & duty's paid. You can go ahead and register the car with the DVLA & get Back to the Future!"  Big Grin