The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: RHD spotted Edinburgh - SIJ 5996
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not taken by me, I found it on a “spotted” Facebook group.

Looking at the info from a car check, it’s a 1983 and registered in the U.K. April 1986
Any more info on this one?
(It looks to be a right hooker.....and has a roof aerial)

[Image: 6E81F0C6-84C3-4018-BE93-228DCE24029A.jpeg]

I should have done some research before posting!

Mr Parnham bought it at auction in 2011, before it moving up to Scotland. Cool.
Yes Tris,
this was known as the Barmouth car. It was dumped behind a caravan 100 yds from the sea for many years. It previous owner had bought it from the factory auction in 1983/4. He had it converted to RHD by former DMC engineers. It was a factory engineering car and used for testing...especially the brakes. The owner drove it for many years and he had the interior red trimmed...which I loved! Luckily the chassis had been heavily waxoyled and so had not suffered during its 'beach rest'.  I bought it blind at an auction and was horrified when I went to collect it. It looked as though a hand grenade had gone off inside. But the more I got into it, the better it was. It was without a doubt one of the nicest and best handling RHD's I've ever had. I took Barrie Wills up to the Scarborough meet some years ago. It went (and stopped) like a dream.  I only sold it because I had the chance to but DeLores back.
Its since had the full attention of Chris N and has lost its 'Flashy-ness'. Blush
I loved driving that one! Sounded great too.

It gets spotted an awful lot which leads me to believe it lives it's life outdoors these days. It lives in a nice part of the world but still a bit of a surprise.
err yes Matt,
I'm not a fan of keeping classic cars outside.
Of course! The red interior RHD.

I really must get my memory sorted you know!! I do remember that.
And also the article where you drove it Matt. Awesome stuff.
(Unless I’m mistaken lol!)
Is that the car that young Mr Sumner borrowed for a while too?
(05 Jul 2018, 11:52)Rissy Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the car that young Mr Sumner borrowed for a while too?

Maybe that’s what I’m thinking about! Lol

I told you, my memory is rubbish. Smile
Both Matt and Mike drove it for a while. Nice to cheer folk up occasionally  Smile
Come a long way from when I first saw it!

[Image: 5671066918_759d7df57a_b.jpg]

[Image: 5671007878_92059ec87e_b.jpg]

[Image: 5670420267_13ec100f67_b.jpg]
Spotted on Facebook back in March...  Undecided

[Image: thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin]
OMG I'd forgotten how rough that car looked when Chrispy bought it!

Mike Sumner drove it to the Club Meet in Dorset 4 years ago.
Yes Claire,

I drove it down with young Mike as passenger, and then collected AXI from the seller and we drove them both all the back, zig zagging on the motorway ...It was just brilliant looking at the other drivers reactions.

Mikes air-con wasn't up to much and my windows didn't work, so it was rather warm. But great fun. Big Grin
I have to say the red stripe along the bottom looks cool
Yes, I thought so as well. It was slightly damaged, so I got a club member to copy it exactly and when I sold the car, the new stickers went with it.....never saw it again...all traces of red gone! Such a pity...

Can someone please give me the idiots guide to reducing my photo's down to less than 1/2 a meg so that I can post em on here!!!
Email them over to me, if you need, I can resize.
Pages: 1 2