The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Car won't start - suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(13 Feb 2018, 10:52)priesh Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out it is likely the battery as I tried starting with a battery booster and it started without issue. I did still have the thermotime disconnected so once I have a new battery I'll try it with that reconnected.

Do you have a battery switch ? Some of the diodes in the car let small currents through. Not sufficiently shutting the door might also leave the lights on in the car... draining the battery.
That my first thought a month ago..... Wink
(09 Jan 2018, 16:44)priesh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

As some of you may know I took ownership of #1373 at the end of November. I have been travelling since and away for xmas so haven't had a chance to start the car up since I got it into my garage (after driving it 300 miles from Durham to Bucks - Kris also drove it down to Birmingham and back for the car show).

I trickle changed the battery over the past couple of days (i did lock it off at the battery as it has a switch but thought just to be sure I'd charge it), and attempted to start it yesterday.

I guess he did. Better try that new battery. Worked fine by me.
I think I was holding off as I was told the battery was not old, but having changed it today I think it has done the job.

I got a Varta E38 096 battery - fits in the comparment but doesn't sit completely in the well - assume that's ok?
I ALWAYS use a battery isolating switch, even if I leave it on trickle charge. Deloreans are worse than most classic cars for draining away amps.
Pages: 1 2