The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Gumball Cancelled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like a couple of guys have been a wee bit naughty......

Two British men have been arrested after a fatal hit and run accident during the Gumball Rally. An elderly driver was killed and his wife critically injured after their vehicle was hit by a car taking part in the event.
The Britons have been named as Nicholas Morley, 30, and 32-year-old Matthew McConvile. They were driving a Porsche 911 (997 turbo) They are being held in the town of Struga, about 125 miles southwest of the Macedonian capital Skopje. Police say they were detained at border crossing with Albania.
A spokesman said: "Two British citizens left the scene of accident. "Shortly afterward, border authorities found them in another (car) ... at the Qafasan border crossing. "They were arrested on charges of endangering traffic and abandoning an accident victim." The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence.

http://www.gumball3000.com/features/new ... tinue-2007

[Image: PICT0126.jpg]
I think they deserve a lot longer than 1 year. A man has been killed and his wife seriously injured. Then they flee the scene of the accident and make for the border that doesn't sound like shock to me. It sounds like someone very rational trying to escape the consequences of their horrific actions.

/Edit

I have read this report on a few different sites now and some report that they fled the scene and some report that they waited for the ambulance. I don't which is true but if the ambulance and police where there I find it hard to believe that they would have been allowed to leave the scene and rejoin the race only to be arrested at the border.
Idiots. No excuse, why would anybody actually do that, run away from an accident? More money than sense! Shock
Jonny Jones Wrote:Idiots. No excuse, why would anybody actually do that, run away from an accident? More money than sense! :shock:
In order to continue having more money than sense. I'm sure they knew what they were doing.