The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: New Nankang rear tyres 235 60 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks:

Has anyone on here tried the Nankang rear tyres which now seem to be available at all?

Ebay lists a pair for £125 which seems pretty good?

Cheers all, Rich
I'm sure Rich H (not you! lol!) has a set on his car....?
Be this true Mr Hutchinson?
I have both front & rear Nankang tires
I still didn't drove many miles, but so far, so good.
For the price, the quality is here.
Great, thanks Domi, I think I will give them a try!
Just reviving this thread as one of my rear tyres blew quite badly today! Think I'll be changing both rears and maybe the fronts as well.

Any more thoughts on the Nankangs now people have had them a while?
I presume it wasn't a Nankang that blew ?
No it was an Interceptor Radial HR

Looking at review of the Nankang, they seem to not be great in the wet?
I don't think 'Wet" performance is too much of an issue with my DeLorean.

The rest of my cars, yes, but I don't drive my DeLorean, anywhere near to the limit if I am caught out in bad weather.

My problem with DeLorean tyres, has always been finding the same make and tread pattern for front and back.
That is very true. How about speed rating? Can insurance be invalid without OEM or better rating?

The regulations here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/...ule/3/made

"The speed capability of all tyres fitted shall be not less than the maximum design speed of the vehicle."
(08 May 2018, 14:00)priesh Wrote: [ -> ]That is very true. How about speed rating? Can insurance be invalid without OEM or better rating?

The regulations here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/...ule/3/made

"The speed capability of all tyres fitted shall be not less than the maximum design speed of the vehicle."

...should be fine with 85mph then. Tongue
I heard from someone else that their claim got rejected once because they didn't have proper speed rated tyres - for our car that would be up to 130mph if google is to be believed.

I'm going to phone the Galaxy R1 tyre people tomorow and ask if the raised lettering is just on one side - if it is I'll go for those as they are V rated.