The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: yeah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well got me D insured today for £151 with norwich & union ,based on £28 grand and 3000 miles per year not bad ah, just got to get it through its MOT tommorrow,fingers crossed, then tax it and on the road he goes, roll on summer and tec week end, :lol: :lol:

bozzzydmc

Thats great!

Maybe you could post some info into this section be a great help to others in the future that.

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=31
Tracey,
Good insurance figure but how did you arrive at a value of £28,000?
Chris Hawes Wrote:Tracey,
Good insurance figure but how did you arrive at a value of £28,000?

hi its insured at that because rhd go for around £25 too 30 grand , as they are so rare,i had too show photos of both sides front and back engine and the inside of the car to prove its in good condition and to prove its rhd and not left
So the insurance company saw the photos and agreed to the valuation based only on the photos?
Did they request anything else for their records?
I am curious because some insurance companies need an independent valuation as well? :o
Chris Hawes Wrote:So the insurance company saw the photos and agreed to the valuation based only on the photos?
Did they request anything else for their records?
I am curious because some insurance companies need an independent valuation as well? :o

they only wanted to see the photos and hey presto got a good 3000 miles per year, :wink: fully comp with £100 policy excess / £50 excess if auto glass used

premium £151.10 inclusive of insurance premium tax @ 5%

got a doc membership discount too

bozzzydmc

Just as a reminder, if anyone wants a valuation , this is something i can prepare (for club members) on production of a few pics and some info.
tracey steele Wrote:hi its insured at that because rhd go for around £25 too 30 grand , as they are so rare,i had too show photos of both sides front and back engine and the inside of the car to prove its in good condition and to prove its rhd and not left

Wooler Hodec RHD cars "might" fetch £30,000 on a good day (and I mean a GOOD day) but a DIY RHD conversion is worth little or no more than a LHD.
Pilot25dmc Wrote:
tracey steele Wrote:hi its insured at that because rhd go for around £25 too 30 grand , as they are so rare,i had too show photos of both sides front and back engine and the inside of the car to prove its in good condition and to prove its rhd and not left

Wooler Hodec RHD cars "might" fetch £30,000 on a good day (and I mean a GOOD day) but a DIY RHD conversion is worth little or no more than a LHD.

yes you might be right, but because it is rhd, their are people out their that want to pay that sort of money because the wheel is on the right side of the car for the uk,and if i did come to sell it i would`nt sell it for that any way may be if i`m lucky £18 grand, even if it is a diy job done buy ourselves ,i`m proud too say we did it, and proved it can be done by any one, :wink:
not bad for our efforts

[Image: covercarpics537.jpg]

[Image: covercarpics641.jpg]