The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Auto Express Magazine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A link to this weeks Auto Express, Chris Parnham volunteered
his car for the photoshoot.

As usual, a few journalistic errors, but all in all a nice article.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/9 ... future-day
That's not a bad article plus good PR for his book. I wonder if it will be in the in print version as well?
Chris
My MIL just arrived for a two week visit and she picked this up at the airport for me. Big Grin

Great article Chris.
I must be the only person who has not got my hands on a copy!

Could someone please post a picture of the from cover…so I may have a better chance of spotting one?

Guess who was in Essex yesterday …with a trailer... Shock ……i'm a very happy boy. Big Grin Big Grin
Think you have been sold one of those kit car ones, it's got the wrong windows in :wink: :roll: Shock :lol:
Chris
great that you've finally got the car ChrisP Smile
Think you're right Chris..but it is 'RARE' they only made a few kit one's …..they had aluminium bodies of course, not like a proper one. :oops:

Can I still take it to the NEC? :wink:

Yes Clare, Chris N seems a trifle busy…..as usual ! :roll:
I've just noticed the interior…..thats wrong as well. Looks like the sort of thing that Lotus would knock up. :x

How could I have been so careless! :oops:
I always preferred the 'pilot car' interiors to the final production ones personally.
Well done Chris on getting P20

Now that you own the car, I know it will not be hidden away anymore

Are those 'built in' door pull straps original because they weren't available until later in production?
I don't know Stuart….it has had a couple of owners since it was sold by Olson Engineering……I don't see how they can be original, but I will find out.

There are so many differences between it and production cars. It should also be getting its Revolution wheels back again shortly.
Well done Chris. It looks lovely,
I don't know much about the earlier cars. How many of the proto-type ones still exist. I read number 9 was found a few years ago.
Mag cover, as requested
Thanks Dermot, i'll try and find one….you'd think they might have sent me a complementary one! :roll:
Hi 88, according to Chris N…..there is obviously the one in USA..OPW ..W the Lotus test car, when last seen needing total rebuild ( or perhaps not)

Then there is Alistair McCann's ex car..was it Pilot 25 or 26? Cant remember without checking, but that was a Dunmurry built car and fully 'modernised' before it was sold at the factory auction ….and further modernised by Alistair whist in his ownership.

Then there is Pilot 19, currently being restored by Chris N for his own personal use.

Chris N says that Pilot 20 is currently the only running pilot car in the world. ( If you exclude Proto-1…which is really a fully restored museum piece).
Pages: 1 2