The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Front Brake Discs on Ebay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, have stuck a pair of new front brake discs on Ebay as they are surplus to requirements...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLorean-fron ... _95wt_1401

Cheers, RH
Little bump up, these finish tonight, still at £40 for the pair!!
There you go Richard, I might bag a bargain ! But i'm not fussed, they'd only be spares.

Speaking of brakes, Had my 3 year service and MOT yesterday on my Sportage, they noted brake pads nearly gone, quoted me over £360 + to do them. :roll:

I Picked up a full set from Euro car spares and a can of cleaner for £60 . It took me 30 mins to do the fronts and I recon similar for the rears. Big Grin
Well that jumped up fast. Just goes to show, despite the silence from people, there was clearly interest.

Good job Rich.
They used to be such a cheap price from your local motor factors (circa £45) but I understand Brake engineering have now sold out so they have to be purchased from Ed who charges a lot more. Probably down to having special ones made up in small batches as opposed to making a lot on them. I think you can still get rear ones OK in the UK.
Chris
Rissy Wrote:Well that jumped up fast. Just goes to show, despite the silence from people, there was clearly interest.

Good job Rich.

It did too, the beeps from the Ipad were overlapping at 08;08 this morning!!

On their way to the winner...
I'm checking into a early UK supplier……If I get any joy i'll let you all know. Always nice to have an alternative.
Quote:I'm checking into a early UK supplier……If I get any joy i'll let you all know. Always nice to have an alternative.
Someone once told me (but I don't know how true it is) that they are only Mk3 Cortina discs with a slightly larger centre hole. May be worth looking into?
Chris
wish I'd seen this earlier, we wanted a set of discs for Sorbet but were having
no luck with various suppliers.