The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Boot Carpet & Jack cover Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Does anyone have an original boot carpet and board for sale?

Decent / Clean condition. Or maybe a source for a Brand New custom Carpet.

[Image: boot.jpg]

Also looking for a Jack Cubby Cover, also pictured above... 16723 is missing both.

Also missing the spare wheel, but does anyone actually need it these days? Just good roadside membership Big Grin
I bought a replacement carpet from Dave Howarth a while back, very reasonable too.
I bought one of Ed's new boot carpets. Very impressed with the quality!
Quote:I bought a replacement carpet from Dave Howarth a while back, very reasonable too.
Likewise bought one from Dave last year, think it was only about £20-25, I do have old one if you need one for a pattern. Likewise could do with a new backing board!
Chris
I think the backing board is just ordinary hardboard….dead cheap.
Thanks for the recommendations, is Daves carpet thick enough so it doesn't need a board?
The spare wheel is a little 'lumpy' as a backing, without a board of some sort.
I made my own fibreboard floor. Been in there about 4yrs now. Lasts fine once you know your boot doesn't leak. :lol:
Quote:is Daves carpet thick enough so it doesn't need a board?
Very much like the original, not that thick but fits a bit better. Looking at the one Rissy has it looks a much better quality.
Chris
Ed's one is a thick lush pile, properly woven edges and is stiff rubber backed. As I said, I was very impressed and completely delighted when it came through the post. It's a bit more expensive, but for such a visible finisher to the looks of the car, I think it's worth every penny. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.
Thanks guys, Eds carpet is tempting but before I splash out £55 + Shipping, I'll get a quote from a local carpet fitter & see if he can do one with the woven edge... will keep you posted.

I think I'll have to get a jack cover from Ed, but if you have a spare, I'd rather get a 2nd hand one.