The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: door handle snapped off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had my passenger (right hand) door handle snap off in my hand. Is see the metal ones are £90. I was wondering if anyone had a plastic one they didn't need any more and wanted to sell.

cheers!
actually I just realised this is probably the wrong section of the forum to post this, as it's a parts request i've reposted it to the parts for sale or wanted section.

sorry about that!
Don't worry about it, may well be worth giving Dave Howarth a ring he has a lot of the older parts in stock.
Thanks for that Chris, I've just had a chat with Dave and he's going to ask around for me, so fingers crossed Smile
Take the plunge and buy the metal door handle kit from dmc, and lose the worry of the same thing happening again in the future.
I can vouch for the metal handle kit. Well worth the initial outlay for a problem permanently fixed.
...never having any other experience but having the metal door handles, I can say I've never had any issues with breaking door handles. I'm presuming I have the same kit on my car...
Thanks for the advice, I didn't have any luck finding an old one, so I've sobbed out £90 for one door handle. I would have replaced both of them but....£90.