The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean BCA Auction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_N2lhnBGCE

Been waiting years to see footage like this

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_N2lhnBGCE[/YouTube]

Embedding feature not working...
Raw footage of the auction here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6pljHpzE4
Fascinating.

so many questions

Whuich cars were they?
I saw a burgundy trimmed car in there. Was that the "factory" one and therefore was the light blue one there too?
Was the Zambian dealer based in England, I wonder, or did the cra go to Africa?
Good find, thanks for that.
Chris
Thanks for sharing, I love that kind of historic videos Smile
This is a fantastic find Stuart!

Interesting that the presenter states the cars were for private roads / showroom display only as they had no UK government clearance.
that explains all the " I thought you weren't allowed to drive these on the roads " comments
we get at shows!
Sidelining slightly, a guy stopped his van in my road recently and said he knew a lot about DeLoreans, turns out he was a car transporter driver and dropped a lot of these cars off at various auctions around the country-I guessed as he was Wirral based he may have had something to do with when cars were shipped over from Northern Ireland to the mainland, he never took any photos as "it was just another job"............., 8)
Phil Peters Wrote:This is a fantastic find Stuart!

Interesting that the presenter states the cars were for private roads / showroom display only as they had no UK government clearance.

Came across your blog for 12173, love stuff like this Phil. Can't wait for the new book hopefully covering the RHD's and Auctions...

bjbrownie Wrote:Sidelining slightly, a guy stopped his van in my road recently and said he knew a lot about DeLoreans, turns out he was a car transporter driver and dropped a lot of these cars off at various auctions around the country-I guessed as he was Wirral based he may have had something to do with when cars were shipped over from Northern Ireland to the mainland, he never took any photos as "it was just another job"............., 8)

I spoke with a chap from Cork a few years ago who claimed their trucks hauled the body dies from the factory to a scrap Yard, which were subsequently bought by the Galway fishery people.
The book sure is covering this stuff….the very last bit to be written up…..taking it into the printers tomorrow for the very first draft print-off. Ready for the club do in a couple of weeks.
Blimey, I remember that issue of Practical Classics. Wonder what-ever happened to the Barmouth DeLorean :wink: :wink:
Be interesting to know if the others are still in the resting places, first dibs on the Meastro and Samara please! Big Grin
Chris
Stuart Rees Wrote:Came across your blog for 12173, love stuff like this Phil. Can't wait for the new book hopefully covering the RHD's and Auctions...

I find all the history fascinating too Stuart.

Discovering 12173's original VIN a couple of years ago was a big moment for me personally as it conclusively proved, perhaps for the first time, that the Wooler-Hodec cars were early production cars and not rolling black cars as had previously been suggested. It also validates Shannon Birdwell's excellent research into DeLorean VINs.

I'm looking forward to the new book too, especially the RHD section.
I think a massive book could be written on the RHD's alone, but with so much
new information coming to light, it would have to be revised regularly lol

So Phil, you gonna make it to Dorset or any events this year? :wink:
Speaking of RHD's…….It is possible that "Flashy" Vin 522 will be coming up for sale soon. I have already reinstated its original reg number. SIJ 5996.

I have the opportunity to buy back AXI 1698….my first car. As I can no longer justify having two Delorean's, Flashy would have to go.

It will be at our Dorset do, so any interested parties can have a good look. It is running…very very well! But needs load of cosmetic work and the air con is not functioning as it needs a new evaporator and pipe repairs. It will be the cheapest RHD around with a fantastic history being a factory development car. The price will be in the high 20's low 30's depending on interest. I need to maximise my price as my "new old one" is costing "shedloads"!….if I can pull the deal off. ………...If I can't, I will be keeping Flashy.

Regarding RHD's, I think you are all correct…there is a separate book there. In this one we only have room for a quick look at them. We'll see how things go.
Guinney1971 Wrote:So Phil, you gonna make it to Dorset or any events this year? :wink:

Hi Claire,

I'm struggling to make it to events this summer as we've got a house move on the cards over the next month or two.

I also need to spend some time getting 12173 to a point where it can be at least be rolled onto a trailer ready to move with us :lol:
Pages: 1 2