The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: VIN 510 hits eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VIN 510, the earliest factory authorised right hand drive DeLorean has just hit eBay with a high opening bid.

The car is located out in Australia if anyone fancies shipping it back to Blighty? :wink:

dmcdj

YOU ALLWAYS SAID YOU WOULD LIKE ONE PHILL WHATS THE ITEM NO.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Delorean_W0QQite ... dZViewItem

Looks in good nic, shame it has a flat 83' hood.

Notice that the front indicators are flush with the bumper.

In the first picture, does the lower engine cover look different to anyone?? I have seen loads but it seems as if there is larger sections covered with wire mesh than the norm.

Interior is in amazing condition, looks brand new.

All this can be yours for £24,631 + Postage and Packaging Big Grin
Go for it Alistair Big Grin You know you want to ! :wink:

dmcdj

if anyone would like to know about this delorean on ebay mr Chris p has all the photo you could think of and also has a lot information about this car which may intrest you as i was only talking to chris tonight about other things ans seen phill put this on here chris knows the bloke selling this car he thinks becasue he told me the number plate before i told him what it was Big Grin

good old chris p
Pilot25dmc Wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Delorean_W0QQitem...dZViewItem

In the first picture, does the lower engine cover look different to anyone?? I have seen loads but it seems as if there is larger sections covered with wire mesh than the norm.

I see what you mean Al. Maybe just the angle of the photo though? It's certainly not as special as Pilot #25's lower engine cover :wink:

What struck me also was the panel fit looks remarkable for such an early underbody.

Rick

There's some more photos at http://www.ozdelorean.com if you'd like to see them. Go to "DeLorean Owners/Australia/NSW/Tony Atkins".

From memory, the engine bay pontoon looks a little different to later D's, and the passenger door sits high in relation to the back quarter panel by about 1/4".

Well looked after, though. Tony's selling his other cars, as well.

Regards
Rick
www.ozdelorean.com
shipping is not so bad, but isn't there the slight problem of duty + vat :oops:

does he want to swap for a 206 53 plate? :lol:
did this ever have euro spec lights at the back?
If it was on sale 3 years earlier.... I would have considered it right away! :evil:

Rick

Tony's DeLorean passed in with no bids.

I'm sure he'll sell it privately sooner or later. Hopefully it stays in Australia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went back to the UK, hehe.

bozzzydmc

I wonder how much shipping would be ?
I would have expected a far cleaner, more detailed, accurate description for the car, its damn special for sure, he hasn't written the correct milage for example, clearly says 8,633 not 8500... I guess he just needs to sell it asap or something. AWESOME example of a D though! Big Grin