The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: amber rear markers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
do these actually exist?
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/eur ... rker01.jpg

were they a prototype or do the front ones fit on the back?

i ask as the germans dont like the red ones.

it might be possible to get special permission to use the red ones but that does entail an insane amount of paperwork!

deloman.de does a blanking plate for it to get it through the mot and then its up to you whether you put them back on or not, but it would be nice if i could get amber ones.
...I think, actually strictly speaking, their illegal in the UK too. We just seem to get away with them. Germany really is pernickety and unforgiving even in the face of historical interest and preservation eh!

Anyway, yeah, just buy a set of front amber ones and replace the red ones. Same shape and size fitting, so no problem.
Rissy Wrote:...I think, actually strictly speaking, their illegal in the UK too. We just seem to get away with them. Germany really is pernickety and unforgiving even in the face of historical interest and preservation eh!

it varies quite a bit. the guy at our local branch of the tuv is a bit of a miserable git which doesn't help.
also the state of hessen have their own franchise of the tuv which means they force you to jump through as many hoops as possible due to it meaning you have to pay them more money to complete each step!

the issue seems to be that they light up red rather than the reflector is red. (ie if they didnt light up that would be ok)

i offered to just disconnect the lights. however the rules in germany state if something is fitted to the car then it must work.

so even though they arent allowed to be red and light up, they must function in the way that is not allowed or that in itself is not allowed! :roll:
As Rissy said, the red/amber markers are the same size, so you can fit the amber markers to the rear just fine. You can get them via Ed (or your vendor of choice).

Part number is: 100788
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... s_id=60023
MikeWard Wrote:As Rissy said, the red/amber markers are the same size, so you can fit the amber markers to the rear just fine. You can get them via Ed (or your vendor of choice).

Part number is: 100788
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... s_id=60023

cheers, i think Eds getting quite used to shipping random bits to darmstadt at the moment!
why not just take them off? and make a little blanking plate to put in its place?

its the same over here, if its fitted then must work... but if its not fitted then its ok.
My previous DeLorean spent about 6 years in Germany in the 1990s. When I got the car, I found that the rear marker lights had been painted in matte black paint to match the body rubstrips. It was a very good paint job and actually looked quite smart. I always assumed this was for the TUV.

This photo was taken a day or two after I brought the car home in early 2002:

[Image: rear-markers.jpg]
there you go, brilliant idea! Smile a bit of paint and no one will know,
RobScott Wrote:there you go, brilliant idea! Smile a bit of paint and no one will know,
lol, i did seriously consider this 8)

got a set of amber ones delivered yesterday and got them on the car.
they look better than i thought they would.

1 item on the TÜV failure list down!
marwood82 Wrote:got a set of amber ones delivered yesterday and got them on the car.
they look better than i thought they would.
You chose, wisely :wink:
I bought 4 recently off Dave H, who has a shed load of them and has had the rubber gaskets re-made.

The two rear ones are linked to the side lights and the front two as flasher repeaters. ( like some of the RHD's) My MOT man didn't make any comments......but when he saw my "day time running lights" he said "oh they had them did they?" I was literally lost for words...but walked away with my MOT certificate!

Dont any of you expect my car to be pristine...its rough all around the edges, it has been a right old rush to get it in one lump. Over the winter I plan to make considerable improvements.......my flux capacitor should be delivered today....I'm not kidding.....I was well impressed with the reaction John C's made ( with the great unwashed) at the NEC.

Andy Whither's has re-named my car "Flashy"......fair enough , I can live with that.

Chrispy
well, the cars now down at Wolfgang Hanks garage in Augsburg getting germanized.

its a nice setup hes got there, i counted about 5 deloreans in the workshop at various levels of repair
not too dissimilar from the photo on here http://www.deloman.de/servicemenu/werkstatt

also there was the rather impressive racing delorean he's built.
http://www.deloman.de/projektemenu/racingteam

and amazingly a Bricklin SV1

so if you ever find yourself broken down in Bavaria, i can safely say hes the guy to call.
Broken Down in Bavaria - the subtitle for the DOC Summer 2015 road-trip perhaps! Big Grin

>Mein Auto ist kaput!
>>Naturlich. Das iest eine Delorean!