The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DELOREAN VIN 510 RHD FOR SALE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DELOREAN VIN 510 FOR SALE ~ RIGHT HAND DRIVE.

Reluctantly I'm putting VIN 510 up for sale, we are moving soon and other than a relatives house in the West Midlands I dont have anywhere to store her so before I do that I'm seeing if anyone is interested in the car.

I purchased the car from Chris Parnham just under 2 years ago and between Chris and myself the car has had a lot of work done to it to bring it up to the standard you see in the photo's below, last year it was runner up best in show at an Ayrshire Car Show. Listed below are some details about the car and work done to 510.

* NEW BONNET
* NEW WINDSCREEN
* NEW WATER PUMP
* NEW COOLANT BOTTLE (STAINLESS STEEL)
* NEW FRONT CALIPERS
* NEW TYRES ALL AROUND (Less than 1000 miles since fitted)
* NEW BRAKE SHOES
* REAR FOG FITTED
* REPLACED BROKEN RHD WIPER ARM
* NEW REAR LIGHT BOARD
* NEW INNER DOOR SEALS
* SOME VAC HOSES REPLACED
* REPAIRED DRIVER WINDOW SWITCH
* NEW WINDOW STITCHES
* LOW ENERGY BULBS FITTED ALL ROUND
* SECURITY ISOLATOR SWITCH FITTED
* ALL 4 WHEELS POWER COATED

Probably loads of other things which have been done, the only outstanding jobs to sort is when the engine starts it hunts for the first two minutes and then runs smoothly as it should, never got to the bottom of this. I bought two top door seals as the old ones look naff but have not yet been fitted and these will come with the car. The left indicator directional bulb was replaced but has gone again and needs sorting on the binnicle.

To the best of my knowledge everything else works as it should, the engine starts first time every time and I recently took a young chap to his wedding a trip of 90 miles and she ran a treat and was a pleaseure to drive.

The car was originally bought at the sell-off Auction in 1984 after the car had been converted to RHD (510 Believed to have been the first ever to convert to RHD when taken to the Woller Holbec yard) Australia in 1988 by the Billionaire who bought it and then passed to another car collector while in OZ.

The car was brought back to the UK by Chris in 2008 and sent down to Chris Nicholson who did a complete brush of the stainless steel.

The car is Taxed until August and MOT'd until the end of June

It has 9500 miles on the clock and with the history file it has can be taken as genuine

Comes complete with valuable registration IJZ 81

Please see two you tube videos of the car which Chris did when I bought it from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wG1JsOQ4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-ZHBEA6Dw

Some photo's of the car taken in the last year:

[Image: P5130001_zpsfe40bbea.jpg]

[Image: P5130003_zps62c9b62d.jpg]

[Image: P2170004_zpsaca09e78.jpg]

[Image: P2170002_zpsd242fcdd.jpg]

[Image: P5130004.jpg]

[Image: P5130005.jpg]

Sale price £38,250 to include Personalised Number Plate
sorry to hear that you're having to sell the car Stephen, hope it finds a good and
deserving home, although I'm sure you'd rather keep it if storage could be arranged.
That's one fine looking specimen there Smile I can imagine it would do well at shows especially with it's unique history.
That numberplate was also born for me since I was looking at plates regarding JAZZ and the year 81 (age giveaway) but came up blank.
Just a shame I don't have the money for a show car Sad
Forgot to say the price is OPEN TO OFFERS and also the car has had 2 new door headliners.
Hi Claire, yes would love to keep her, the house we are interested in the garage will struggle to get my old style beetle in let alone the Delorean, but there is potential to extend with a workshop but thats probably a couple of years down the line, I have an Uncle in Wolverhampton whose Garage I can store the car in but my brother is into old motorcycles so I'm worried it might get covered in Norton Villers parts, but beggers can't be chosers, ideally I could hire a garage up here but none available in a secure area at present, so will have to see what happens and time will force my hand one way or another as Debbie Harry once said. All the best Stephen.
FWIW, I rent a local council garage lockup for about £10 a week...
Thanks for that Rich, there are some literally 500 yards from where I live at present, £12.75 a week a couple are available but when I went they had wooden doors and both had been forced at some point in the past, I going to leave it on here for a couple of weeks and then try Car and Classic as I still have plenty of time but then if push comes to shove she either goes to Wolverhampton unless I can find somewhere local as it's a space issue and I don't need to sell to finance the new abode. Had a lovely place lined up for JZ Beetle and us humans but the lady was in a hurry to sell and dropped the asking price and it sold before we could, even had a little pit. What's not meant to be?????????????
I have one of these in front of my garage door http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/aca ... JB302.html it's not going to stop someone determined to get in, but it is a deterrent. Plus if it did get forced and they see it's a DeLorean they'd probably leave it alone, it's not like it's just another Honda Civic Wink
I am very tempted to buy it back, but I have just got stuck into Vin522.......Anyone looking for a now running, RHD resto project? about £18K
I wonder if anyone on here could help Stephen with storage of #510 until he gets
a garage sorted at the new house?
...we all know someone with a bloody great garage....he keeps showing it off all the time, but won't have anyone round to play....cough, cough BEN....cough, splutter...

:lol:
ayr41 Wrote:she either goes to Wolverhampton unless I can find somewhere local

That would make it the second Wooler-Hodec car in Wolverhampton! Big Grin
Thanks everyone you really are a great bunch, only wish I lived a little nearer some of you, mind you that could even happen yet. I'm going to give it until the end of March probably try Car and Classic until then and if it does not sell she is off to Wolves to be near her old pal at Mr Peters (Tettenhall) I meant to say if she does sell the money is going into my Delorean account for re-investment of another Stainless Steel once the house move and accomodation is sorted, no way will I be able to be D free for long, cheers everyone. Stephen.
ayr41 Wrote:no way will I be able to be D free for long

too right!!