The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Binding Tariff Application Form for Importing DeLoreans.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Has anyone had experience of this HMRC form before?

I am currently filling one in for my DeLorean import from Texas. Trans Global have advised what sort of things should be in it, and what statements should be included, visibly, on it.

But I was wondering if anyone else had successfully completed this form before? If yes, then what tips and advice can they offer?

Thanks
Steve
I've still got a copy of mine from 2002, anything in particular you need to know?
Claire, many thanks for the response Smile

I've just spoken to Will at Trans Global, and he is going to take over the process for me and fill in the BTI form. It was the very particular wording required to quaify for the 5% import VAT rate that I was a bit nervous about.

Will's already forwarded me an example of another DeLorean owner who managed to successfully get this rate from HMRC. I should be able to quote this BTI reference on the back of the form.

It's good to know for any prospective US buyers into the UK, that as these cars are over 30 years old they qualify for this 5% VAT rate. It makes importing them a very much more appelaing prospect I think.

Thanks
Steve
I think I used the at the time tried and tested "historic vehicle manufactured in United Kingdom",
or words to that effect Smile

TGAL are a great company, they sorted out bringing #2292 to the UK for me 10yrs ago, and I
cannot recommend them highly enough.

Congrats on the purchase, look forward to seeing some pics, and of course the real thing in the
metal at meets next year Smile
I've just paid for mine and it all worked out fine at 5%. As I recommended to you Steve it really is worth getting your shipper to sort this out as they have loads of experience with the correct wording on these forms to get a result. Well worth the 350 they might charge.

Drove my D back yesterday. Was an experience, that's for sure. I'll have to update people with pics etc
SteveyP Wrote:I've just spoken to Will at Trans Global, and he is going to take over the process for me and fill in the BTI form.
Money well spent, saves the hassle of trying to figure it out on your own, Will / Trans Global don't charge much for doing it anyway so it's a no brainer really.